The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
LA2A or Retro 176
Old 3rd June 2018
LA2A or Retro 176

Hi there,

I've currently got a pair of Chandler RS124s at home, in addition to a pair of api 500 series comps (525 & 527) and a serpent splice.

So fast VCA and FET options are covered as are creamy Vari-Mu.. but I pretty much never need both RS124s, so I'm considering selling one, and them picking up either a Retro 176 (which I expect to bear SOME resemblance to the splice) or an LA-2A.

The LA-2A would allow me to try tracking vocals through the seemingly ubiquitous 1176->LA2A signal chain, but that Retro 176 seems so flexible and sexy.. so, sexible?

Anyways. I know you guys are not always into these types of opinion questions, and that the best thing to do would be to audition both of these, but practically speaking I'll probably just end up picking one and trying it out.. so here's your opportunity to tell me why I should or should not pick one of these beauties.

thank you for your thoughts!
Old 3rd June 2018
Lives for gear

If you don't have an opto.. you should at least have one opto.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search