The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Z-SYS ........still in action or dead?
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Z-SYS ........still in action or dead?

Hi folks,

I'm thinking about picking up a Z-SYS router offa ebay.

Anyone know if the company is still in operation?

Seeing as their website hasn't been updated since 2004, i've got a feeling they're no longer in business.

I just wanna know, in case my purchase arrives DOA, then i know if i at least some options to get it fixed / serviced.

Thanks! ...... I.R.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear
I got a brand new one off eBay 5 years ago for £150! (What a bargain)

To be honest if the vendor has 100% positive feedback then if they say it works why wouldn't it work.

I think the only way you're going to blow the chips inside would be shoving a high voltage down an AES line and why would that ever happen?

Really I think it's one of those simpler devices that should give decades of trouble free service.

How much is it on for?

If its cheap enough them it's surly worth a punt - they are brilliant boxes and to my ear totally transparent.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks, it's an Z-Sys Optipatch z-8.8a for 600$. Not supa cheap but these things were like $2300 new.

I think i'm gonna take a chance and grab it......
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Nut

woah, I have not heard that name for a long time. If the price is not too crazy and can use it, go for it!
Old 30th May 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Baboon View Post
Thanks, it's an Z-Sys Optipatch z-8.8a for 600$. Not supa cheap but these things were like $2300 new.

I think i'm gonna take a chance and grab it......
Depending on what you need it for, there's also a thing called the M-audio DigiPatch. It's got lightpipe and SPDIF, and it's cheaper if you can find one.
Old 31st May 2018
Gear Nut

Get a 24 hr evaluation, leave it on the whole time, and then try it. If these had the same power supplies as the Digital Detangler, when they go south it is slow and sporadic, so make sure it is 100%.
Old 31st May 2018
Gear Maniac

I have a saved search for their sample rate converters, handy things!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search