The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL AWS 948 Can't Change to Stereo Mode or Track Mode Studio Headphones
Old 28th May 2018
Here for the gear
SSL AWS 948 Can't Change to Stereo Mode or Track Mode

Greetings,

We have an AWS 948 in our studio, and it seems to be having issues.

When you select the SSL->Chan button on the center section console, we should be getting a routing graph for the selected channel, and be able to select things like automonitoring, etc. Instead we get a blank screen.

Not sure if there are any AWS users out there, but if there are and you've run into this problem please help us out.

And if anyone knows any troubleshooting tips, please also let us know.

It's Memorial Day in the US, so SSL tech support is on holiday today.
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

Do you have both rows on the scribble strip? In the ch view on the TFT do you have both rows? If you don't like ours your 948 may think it's a 924. Software related. I would try a FRAM clear. Turn off the desk, hold down rec and play while you boot the desk. It will come back up but you will have to assign everything back on the desk and I do mean everything. If that works I would then turn the desk off and back on. If it doesn't hold then you may have a CPU motherboard issue.

P.m and I can look for the procedures that may help kick it back in gear. K.
Old 29th May 2018
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search