The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mix bus: Overstayer MAS or Elysia Karacter
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Maniac
Mix bus: Overstayer MAS or Elysia Karacter

Hey there,

I’m a hybrid guy. Tracking is mostly done ITB, and mix through Dangerous 2bus+, TK Audi bc1 and Elysia xfilter.

In order to round up peaks and push up rms on the mix bus, which would be a better device? Looking at Overstayer MAS and Elysia Karacter, since they are in the same price range.

Advice please.
Old 28th May 2018
Lives for gear

I think Karacter is more suited to individual tracks or busses. For mixbus I'd consider the MAS or Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet.
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
I think Karacter is more suited to individual tracks or busses. For mixbus I'd consider the MAS or Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet.
Thanks Explorer,

I almost forgot on Silver Bullet. I am waiting for their black face “void corp” version to be back in stock. I just like black color more.

I found on this forum that there are some people with silver bullet and Overstayer MAS on their mix bus.
Old 4th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
I second the SB. Can't live without mine. I have the silver version because a black box called a silver bullet doesn't make sense to me

I also have a SSL style comp and the Xfilter in the insert of the SB and I can say it's an awesome combination.
Old 4th June 2018
Here for the gear

I am just in the process of getting rid of the Elysia 500 series Karacter myself. I used it for maybe 3 years on my mixbus but it honestly has to be set so mild for general use that it ends up not making much of a difference on your mix. I've gone back to using capi vp28s on my mixbus and am much happier...so much so that I am waiting with credit card in hand to buy the new capi sumbus the moment it's released.

I have no personal experience with the Silver Bullet but have heard nothing but rave reviews. I think it might be more of what you're looking for.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search