The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AMS Neve 1073 DPD - B-Stock doubts Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 25th May 2018
Gear Nut

AMS Neve 1073 DPD - B-Stock doubts

Hi everyone,

I'm on the market for a dual pre, and AMS Neve 1073 DPD is at the top of my list.

Looking around at various sellers, I came across these guys:

https://reverb.com/item/10120588-ams...al-o-p-b-stock

The price seems good but I'm not impressed with the B-stock thing.

Unable to test this particular unit in person as I reside outside Europe.

What are your thoughts about B-stock gear? What is the actual meaning of the same (the seller claims it was only unpacked to show to a potential buyer, which I don't believe for some reason).

I can buy the same unit here in Australia, from a reputable seller, which would cost me another $1,000 or so.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

regards
John
Old 25th May 2018
From the FAQs.

"B-Stock refers to items that were opened and returned, have a cosmetic blemish or imperfection (like a ding in the tolex of an amp or a scratch on the face of an effects pedal), or were used as demo units in a shop. These products are tested to manufacturer's specs and are guaranteed to function perfectly. Many B-Stock items come with a limited manufacturer’s warranty and ship direct from a brand or distributor who sells on Reverb."

Studiocare is a reputable UK dealer. Message them and ask!
Old 25th May 2018
Here for the gear

Hi
I have bought two ams neve 1073 dpa b-stock preamps from Studiocare, and that was a very positive experience. Shipping was very quick and communication with them was very good. 12 months warranty on the preamps.

tom
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
From the FAQs.

Studiocare is a reputable UK dealer. Message them and ask!
i gave Studiocare around $5000 recently when i did another microphone upgrade.

i asked what B stock was, and they said it ment the microphone had been opened and used as a display model in their shop.

i sent the money and 7 days later received the microphone.

from london to New Zealand in 7 days is spectacular.

the Neumann U47 i received was just pristine and perfect in every way.

absolutely first class trader and a pleasure to deal with.

thats my experience. Buddha
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear

Big thumbs up for Studiocare here - I’ve bought a lot from them and have always had extremely good service.
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear

Sometimes b-stock means "b-stock"
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear

The AMS-Neve DPD is a good sounding unit with an excellent a/d converter built in. It is also one of the least reliable pieces of gear I've ever had.

I purchased it when it first came out and AMS-Neve saw it back at their factory 3 times for repair. It was also in California at the AMS-Neve repair center 2 times. No one fixed it correctly.

Then I sold it.

I suggest buying a unit manufactured recently since the older models had known issues--specifically with the power supply and power switch.
Old 28th May 2018
Gear Nut

Thanks everyone for their opinion/suggestion ...

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search