The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
8040B Vs. Focal Solo6 Be
Old 22nd May 2018
Here for the gear
8040B Vs. Focal Solo6 Be

Hello,

I'm searching for a new pair of studio monitors. I'm more into on Genelecs but i have also heard good reviews for the focal's. I want your opinion for which direction i should choose. The focals are more expensive and i want to know if it's worth it to give the extra 200-300 euros. I manly make electronic music but i want the speaker to be flat as possible. Of course with a good acoustic treatment.
My audio interface is an apogee duet. Of course i will listen them live before i buy them, to have the final choice.

*It's really ironic that most popular producers in electronic music use Genelec.

choice.
Old 22nd May 2018
The Genelec has a cleaner, more clinical sound and the highs can sound harsh if your mix is not right. If your mix is good, the highs sound just right. The Solos have a little more character but provide just as much information on your mix. The Gens are yellow and the Solos are light green. I would be happy with either.

I did a in depth review of the 8050s and the Focal Twins on gearslutz. What I said about them also goes for these two monitors as well.
Old 23rd May 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
The Genelec has a cleaner, more clinical sound and the highs can sound harsh if your mix is not right. If your mix is good, the highs sound just right. The Solos have a little more character but provide just as much information on your mix. The Gens are yellow and the Solos are light green. I would be happy with either.

I did a in depth review of the 8050s and the Focal Twins on gearslutz. What I said about them also goes for these two monitors as well.
On the other hand, I prefer to have a pair of genelec at this time because in the future when i decide to buy a second pair of monitors i would pick the focals 3-way twin be. It’s very worth it in my opinion but it’s out of my budget but the most important thing is that they aren’t for my room for sure.

I think focal in this comparison got a way better tweeter than the genelecs one. And that would be the big advantage for the focals. Also genelec i think that are more aggressive speakers which i don’t really mind. It got a basic eq on the back.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search