The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL 4000 E Channel - 82e132 Orange?
Old 18th May 2018
Lives for gear

SSL 4000 E Channel - 82e132 Orange?

Hello all,
I have the opportunity to buy one of these at what seems like a good price - $500, powered and wired. It seems difficult to find information on this particular revision... most of what I am finding is about the later orange knob revision on the G consoles rather than the E. Can anyone with experience give me general impressions on the sound of this particular channel strip? I realize this one was a passive design that was supposedly inspired by Pultec EQs.
Thanks!
Old 19th May 2018
Gear Nut

E series could be retrofitted, so it may be the orange Pultec curve. Does it have the Bell switch or X3?
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

Hazy memory but I think thats the black knob eq card, the orange was a redesign of the original 02 E eq, not a PEQ and not a popular spec for the G series. I can check it tomorrow but its too late for schematics right now
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsochor View Post
E series could be retrofitted, so it may be the orange Pultec curve. Does it have the Bell switch or X3?
It has the bell switch. Thanks for the reply!
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
Hazy memory but I think thats the black knob eq card, the orange was a redesign of the original 02 E eq, not a PEQ and not a popular spec for the G series. I can check it tomorrow but its too late for schematics right now
Please let me know what you find!
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

My mistake! 132 is the orange PEQ, 242 is the black.
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
My mistake! 132 is the orange PEQ, 242 is the black.
Have you tried it? I’m curious if the deal is worthwhile.
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

Ive played with all flavours in E and G desks but that was almost 20 yrs ago so not much help I'm afraid.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search