The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gyraf G22 - Manley Vari-Mu
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Gyraf G22 - Manley Vari-Mu

Couldn't find lots of information about the Gyraf G22, so I thought I'd ask here.. Looking for a tube compressor to track synthesizers and have narrowed my choices to those two. I'd like to get one which, with progressively bigger amounts of compression, colours the signal in an obvious way, yet never becomes unpleasant, muddy or anything like that.

Tell me what you think.
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

No-one?

Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

I have the G10 which is the stereo-only forerunner of the G22 and use it always(!) for tracking keys. It gives even cheesy keyboard sounds some life and 3D. I wouldn´t want to be without it for that purpose. But don´t expect too much colour out of it. It has a certain beautiful sound that varies with level and amount of compression, but that´s subtle.
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenmann View Post
I have the G10 which is the stereo-only forerunner of the G22 and use it always(!) for tracking keys. It gives even cheesy keyboard sounds some life and 3D. I wouldn´t want to be without it for that purpose. But don´t expect too much colour out of it. It has a certain beautiful sound that varies with level and amount of compression, but that´s subtle.
Hello!

thanks for replying. So you wouldn't characterize it as a colour compressor, right? Do you use something else for that purpose?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search