The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need a studio in Paris
Old 15th May 2018
Need a studio in Paris

Got a client traveling in Paris who needs a studio to record a vocal in the next few days. What are the options and price ranges? Looking for good commercial spot with high end mics, but obviously doesn't need a huge room or massive console. Thanks!
Old 15th May 2018
Gear Nut

That a tricky one... let's see in Paris: Twins studio, Question de Son (owned by some gearslutz member btw), Ferber, Grande armée, Studio Appolo (Volodia studio), Guillaume Tell, and Studio de la seine.
Omega is a school now, Davout have closed...etc.
Big act mostly go to Twin, Question de Son, Grande armée and Ferber right now.
Hope that help
Old 15th May 2018
Red Room (big space, but maybe they have a smaller producer room?).

Visit the Miloco site - they’ll have somewhere!
Old 15th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfrigo View Post
Got a client traveling in Paris who needs a studio to record a vocal in the next few days. What are the options and price ranges? Looking for good commercial spot with high end mics, but obviously doesn't need a huge room or massive console. Thanks!
There are tons of good commercial studios in and around Paris, it would be easier if you tell us where in Paris the person is or would prefer to be, the budget, how much time is required and when they would like to record...is he recording on tape or DAW, which DAW etc.
Old 15th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Red Room (big space, but maybe they have a smaller producer room?).

Visit the Miloco site - they’ll have somewhere!
Red Room is located in London now...
Old 16th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael-ange View Post
Red Room is located in London now...
That studio was formerly “The Engine Room” and has always been there (maybe the now SSL came from Paris? Though I have a feeling it just came across town). Spent a lot of time in there!

Anyway, Miloco definitely has Paris based studios on their books.
Old 16th May 2018
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

35 mins north of Paris Studio: vintage equipment and exceptional location.

I've never been butbits run by a friend of a friend. My friend has worked there and said it was a great experience. Can't tell what the mic locker is from website though
Old 16th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
That studio was formerly “The Engine Room” and has always been there (maybe the now SSL came from Paris? Though I have a feeling it just came across town). Spent a lot of time in there!

Anyway, Miloco definitely has Paris based studios on their books.
I know the room was here long before but I stand by what I said. It's now Red Room London aka Phillipe Weiss room. Red room paris is no longer listed in Milocco website from what I could find.
If you want more inside here a couple of link:
https://milocostudios.com/studios/the-red-room-london/

Seeing Red: The Making of the Best Mix Room in London
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

I'm sure the site is a good resource, I'm also sure Miloco does not list every studio in Paris or is it as up to date on the state of affairs as the people who live and work in the city everyday...plus the OP hasn't even checked back in to help guide the process.

Having people just throw out a bunch of studio names with no specifics (because no specific info was given) is akin to blindly choosing a facility off the internet and I thought the idea of asking here was to get suggestions based on some level of inside/intimate knowledge of the facility.
Old 16th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael-ange View Post
I know the room was here long before but I stand by what I said. It's now Red Room London aka Phillipe Weiss room. Red room paris is no longer listed in Milocco website from what I could find.
If you want more inside here a couple of link:
https://milocostudios.com/studios/the-red-room-london/

Seeing Red: The Making of the Best Mix Room in London

It’s just a commercial mix room. It’s not Weiss’s room, he just owns some of the gear. But that’s beside the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
I'm sure the site is a good resource, I'm also sure Miloco does not list every studio in Paris or is it as up to date on the state of affairs as the people who live and work in the city everyday...plus the OP hasn't even checked back in to help guide the process.

Having people just throw out a bunch of studio names with no specifics (because no specific info was given) is akin to blindly choosing a facility off the internet and I thought the idea of asking here was to get suggestions based on some level of inside/intimate knowledge of the facility.
I worked for Miloco for many years. When they take a place on, they do their research. Any studio on their site is verified as a quality place. I’d trust their judgement as if it were a colleague. Not meant to be exhaustive - just a suggestion as to a resource.

I thought there was enough initial info to make suggestions, and with the OP being a mod I’m guessing he’ll be back..
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I worked for Miloco for many years. When they take a place on, they do their research. Any studio on their site is verified as a quality place. I’d trust their judgement as if it were a colleague. Not meant to be exhaustive - just a suggestion as to a resource.

I thought there was enough initial info to make suggestions, and with the OP being a mod I’m guessing he’ll be back..
Like I said, you're limited to only Miloco studios which i'm sure does not include most or all the possibilities in a city the size of Paris.

From the experience of doing this a number of times for people in different cities I asked some additional questions that can narrow the suggestions and make them more relevant..."good commercial spot with high end mics, but obviously doesn't need a huge room or massive console." is hardly detailed info for a precise response in my opinion, but whatever.
Old 16th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
Like I said, you're limited to only Miloco studios which i'm sure does not include most or all the possibilities in a city the size of Paris.

From the experience of doing this a number of times for people in different cities I asked some additional questions that can narrow the suggestions and make them more relevant..."good commercial spot with high end mics, but obviously doesn't need a huge room or massive console." is hardly detailed info for a precise response in my opinion, but whatever.
It’s just my suggestion - three vetted options. The point of the Miloco site is that it takes some of the guesswork out of it.

I don’t know - short of an actual gear list, I thought that was enough to make a decent suggestion.

It’s just a starting point after all.
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

Studio Saint-Germain (formerly Studio Acousti) is great place. I recorded a jazz band there some years ago. The acoustic of the main recording room is incredible. The mic locker is amazing (at least it was at the time). It's very well situated in the center of Paris with tons of restaurants and bars around. I see they have replaced the big Euphonix with an old Neve. I'd go there !
Old 17th May 2018
Went with La Frette. Amazing!
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

See what I mean...this studio is not even in Paris.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search