The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Equitech Son of Q Rules! Summing Mixers
Old 5th May 2018
Equitech Son of Q Rules!

I was getting some low level noise in the studio. We had a lot of down ed trees and power lines during winter. So, it seemed to me the power was a bit dirtier than it was before. I found a descent deal on a used Equitech Son of Q 1.5RA.

Neotek Elite 32 Channel Console
All Rack Gear
All Computer Gear

I power it on and it was hard to believe the difference. I turned the Studio Monitors Volume Knob all the way and I can't hear anything. I mean ANYTHING. I seriously thought that my Center Mono Avantone Mixcube was turned off, because it always emits a low level buzz that drove me crazy. I turned everything down and played a song and yes it was indeed, on. And Silent. My ADAM A77X speakers are DEAD Quiet. It's crazy!

I listened to several pieces of music through the ADAM speakers and the Detail of Effects and Reverbs is way more clear. The whole damn thing sounds way clearer to me. Like the proverbial "Veil being lifted off". I felt that I had low mid-bass frequency issues a bit in my room before. Now the Bass is defined and clear, focused and huge.

Anyways, I don't work for Equitech. I just live in Maine in the woods and make records. But, I thought I would share this audio experience with you all. I know many of you have these in your studio already, but if you don't. Forget whatever Amazing Analog Preamp/Comp/Mic whatever that you have been wanting that is exciting. Get one of these, and then no matter what Preamp/Comp/Mic you use, it will be operating at it's fullest potential, electronically and sonically. AWESOME!!!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search