The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Clicks & pops with Wunder PEQ2R — help! Condenser Microphones
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

Clicks & pops with Wunder PEQ2R — help!

Hey guys,

Just received a Wunder PEQ2R, and tonally, it sounds f*cking incredible. Unfortunately, it's producing an excessive amount of clicks and pops.

I've swapped out various mics, cables, and preamps, and it's definitely coming from the Wunder. I've uploaded some audio clips:

The first two are an M149 and a 3U Warbler 127 going into the PEQ2R. The next clips are the same mics going into the Apollo. The last clip is the M149 patched directly into a Warm Audio WA76 — pretty noisy, but no clicks/pops.

All files have been gained up significantly.

As you can hear, the Wunder clips are pretty concerning. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks so much!!
Old 29th April 2018
Lives for gear

Update: The issue seems to have resolved itself with a few hours of usage.

I e-mailed Mike, and he was super informative & helpful — seems like it was just the result of the unit not being used for a while, so maybe just some minor oxidation that was fixed by pushing buttons and turning knobs.

Other than that, the unit is awesome and sounds killer.

Last edited by tkaitkai; 29th April 2018 at 04:03 AM..
Old 29th April 2018
Here for the gear

That's surprising. I have a few of those units, some of which don't get used all that often. Can't say I've ever heard those noises but now that I know I can watch out for it and know how to fix it.

So thanks for sharing that!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search