The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Vintech Dual 72 or 1272 ?
Old 25th April 2007
Gear Maniac

Vintech Dual 72 or 1272 ?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase a Vintech Dual 72 and it's black. I've seen both but I'm not sure of the difference if any. Is there a difference? Is one better than the other?

Thanks for your response.

Kirk
Old 25th April 2007
since you asked, and I reckon.

go with an x73

or an x81

you wont regret it, the sound is so sweet!
Old 25th April 2007
There is no difference between the blue and black Vintech 'dual 72' if that's what you are asking (other than the outside color).
Old 26th April 2007
Gear Maniac

Ventech dual 72

Yeah,

That was my question. Thanks. I know I would rather have a x81 but I want 4 and the 473 is even out of reach so I'm now starting to settle for the 1272's, not that it's a bad thing. I just want some veriety, and I'm getting a deal on these.

Kirk
Old 24th January 2015
Lives for gear

There is a difference. The blue one says its made with 1272 components. The black one doesn't say that.
Old 24th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennaOkoye View Post
There is a difference. The blue one says its made with 1272 components. The black one doesn't say that.
I was confused by this too. So I wrote Dallas directly in July of 2011 and he responded:

Me: Can you clear up some confusion please? Are the newer "black face" Dual 72s different from the older "blue face" in the fact that the blues were made from actual Neve parts and the blacks are just similar components? Thanks!

Dallas: Hi, None of the units were ever made from actual Neve parts. Please give me a call at 813-***-**** when you get a chance and I'll go over everything with you.
Thanks,
Dallas Upton
Vintech Audio
Old 24th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasbeen View Post
I was confused by this too. So I wrote Dallas directly in July of 2011 and he responded:

Me: Can you clear up some confusion please? Are the newer "black face" Dual 72s different from the older "blue face" in the fact that the blues were made from actual Neve parts and the blacks are just similar components? Thanks!

Dallas: Hi, None of the units were ever made from actual Neve parts. Please give me a call at 813-***-**** when you get a chance and I'll go over everything with you.
Thanks,
Dallas Upton
Vintech Audio
LOL… interesting. To his defense, it doesn't say neve. The brents say NEVE, but those ones are only 300 ohms. It just says 1272 components, which is still kinda weird.
Old 24th January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennaOkoye View Post
I had both of those in here for years, they were completely interchangeable in sound (which was great and extremely underrated BTW). The Vintech Dual 72 has been discontinued for at least a few years anyhow.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search