The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Nucleus, Sigma and iMac Control Surfaces
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Head

SSL Nucleus, Sigma and iMac

Hello all. Im not sure if this is the correct thread for this issue but I will move it or whatever I need to so I can get the most help. I have one issue I am trying to resolve and the second inquiry is on advice or suggestions for the best setup for the two components.

So first, I recently added a Nucleus 2 to my setup that includes a Sigma. My issue that is that I am connecting the Nucleus, Sigma and iMac into a Orbi RBS40 satellite router. Essentially I cannot figure out how to get the Nucleus and Sigma working correctly being all connected to this router. I need some sort of router to connect them all together since the computer only has one port. I have followed all the information I can find on the manuals, internet, etc.. but the Nucleus and Sigma only partially work and the functions that do work are random each time it seems. Anyone else had to tackle this and have you figured out how to make these all work? Any settings on the routers to check to turn on, off or modify? What else could I be missing?

Second, my signal flow is as follows: Orion 32 Output- Sigma - Sigma Mix Out - Orion 32 Input 1&2 - Stereo Print Track in DAW - Dante 1&2 Output - Nucleus Monitor Section. Im curious to how others use these two specific devices together. Prior to adding the Nucleus, I was monitoring through the Sigma before it went back into the Orion to a print track in the DAW. Now that was fine now but with my new setup I can monitor the actual print track via the Nucleus. I feel this is beneficial if I need to slap some plugs on the Stereo Mix Buss coming in from the Sigma or something like that. Anyone else using something similar to this or is their a case to be made to monitor still through the Sigma before going back into the AD for the print track?
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear

I have Apollo 16 and sigma
The a16 actually has 18 outs so the extra 2 send the print to ext in on sigma
Looked at nucleus but I’m pt and eucon is the gag there
Old 23rd April 2018
I have two Apollo 16s and a Sigma and a Nucleus. I'll get into my monitoring and signal path in a bit

First things first. Can you contact the Sigma and Nucleus using their apps? If not, you'll need to sort that out first.

Can you check the IPs of all of your devices? They should all begin 192.168. and the next number on all of your devices should be the same, let's say
192.168.1.(with a different number next on all devices)

if they are all on the same network, your Sigma/Nucleus apps should see them and be able to control them both. If not come back and we can start troubleshooting that.

Do you know if your router is doing "DHCP" (it gives all devices on your network an IP address)?

If I've jumped the gun on your network knowledge I apologise!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search