The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL X-Rack Threaded Rails not there for first module Analog Processors (HW)
Old 11th April 2018
Gear Head

SSL X-Rack Threaded Rails not there for first module

Hey there everyone,

Just bought an SSL X-Rack, with two E series eq modules.

Tried installing it and ran into a problem. On the front, where you are supposed to screw in the countersunk screws through the face of the module, the threaded rail does not extend far enough to the left for the first module (first position on left of the unit) to screw into.

Is this normal? Does it rely on the other modules being inserted to allow some play?

Or do I have to send back my new gear already for a replacement?!?!

Thanks for your help!
Old 11th April 2018
Gear Head

Would appreciate if any X-Rack owners could help out!

But, just so that the info is here for anyone else that might need it: Contacted SSL; will update with response.

Also, the unit came from Proaudiostar, so may want to consider that for anyone purchasing right away.

Cheers!
Old 11th April 2018
Lives for gear
It’s a rail that slides around. Unscrew the rest and slide the rail over. It’s been forced all the way to the edge. #mechanics
Old 11th April 2018
Gear Head

That’s what I was wondering.

But to do that I’d have to unscrew the TR module, as well as the rail from the top, right?

Thanks for the help. Much obliged!
Old 12th April 2018
Gear Addict
I just bought a empty rack from pro audiostar...ive filled it completely with components and i didnt hv any issues with threaded screws...all fit perfectly
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Head

Resolved:

So I spoke with SSL, and it was definitely NOT supposed to come like that.

However, as per the previous suggestion, I unscrewed the TR faceplate (top 2 and bottom two faceplate screws), and shifted the rail around all the way over at the top and bottom.

Everything fits perfectly now. Must have been an odd factory setup error or something.

SSL support confirmed that it was ok to do this and as long as all the parts could be screwed in securely, it would be fine.

(I know it seems like an obvious simple fix, but for what they cost, I hope someone else finds this useful, because if you're like me, you don't want to mess with anything unless your 1000% it won't screw anything up).

Thanks for the help!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search