The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Modern day, less expensive, USB2 or USB3 interface comparable to Prism Orpheus?
Old 4th April 2018
Here for the gear

Modern day, less expensive, USB2 or USB3 interface comparable to Prism Orpheus?

Hello,

I didn't know whether to ask this question in the High End or the Low End forum, so I picked this one because maybe people here have experience with the Prism Orpheus.

I've owned a Prism Orpheus since 2010. The sound of the preamps, the convertors, and the headphone output is pretty much transparent as far as my ears can discern. I am hoping to find something equivalent regarding converters, preamps and headphone quality in an interface that supports USB2 or USB3 (no thunderbolt, and hopefully with drivers that are not too fussy). I don't need as many inputs and outputs as the Orpheus contains, but do need a minimum of four line outputs that can be controlled as independent channels, and two or four line inputs. 8 channel ADAT input would be nice as well.

I tried a couple of very inexpensive interfaces (Presonus Studio 192 and NI Komplete 6) which left me disappointed. I am aware of the Prism Atlas, but I was hoping that during the many years since the Orpheus has been introduced, there would be a number of interfaces that might meet the quality of the preamps and converters at a less expensive price point. The about-to-be-released Audient ID44 seems to have enough IO, but I know nothing about the performance of their units, as I've never tried one.

If anyone has recommendations, particularly if you have some knowledge of the sound of the Orpheus, I will appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks!
Old 4th April 2018
Lives for gear

Prism Titan. I replaced an Orpheus with Titan and it’s excellent in every way- Especially with the recent price drops by prism....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search