The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Summing Box 2Bus+ Maselec STM SPL Mixdream XP Kahayan
Old 23rd March 2018
Here for the gear
Summing Box 2Bus+ Maselec STM SPL Mixdream XP Kahayan

Hello guys,

Hope somebody can help me, im looking for 16 channels more to make 32 channels of summing.

I already own a Dangerous 2Bus+ wich is GREAT, but also very expensive... ive recently sell some things and i can buy another one of second hand for like 2.3K
(Wich is funny because that is the price that you pay for one new in USA) I also read from Dangerous that the LT has a little bit inferior sounding circuit...

So im writing this in the high end forum because i want the best analog sum to make the 32 channels and gain more depth, wide, separation, 3D sound...

I was wondering how other transparent summing boxes compare to the 2bus+ like the SPL Mixdream XP, the Maselec STM 822, or the Kahayan Epsilon (Kahayan Transparent Mode) The three of them are transparent, i can have the Maselec STM for 1.9K, the Kahayan 1.6K and the SPL for 1K.

Maybe i could save some money with one of this three and buy a compressor... or maybe the combo es another 2bus+.

Any inputs are very very welcome...

Best regards
Old 26th March 2018
Lives for gear

a designs mix factory!!!!

ej
Old 26th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bictor View Post
Hello guys,

i can have the Maselec STM for 1.9K, the Kahayan 1.6K and the SPL for 1K.
Tell us please were do you get these prices ?
Old 31st March 2018
Here for the gear
STM is from a friend here and its second hand, also the 2Bus+, the SPL is the price in Thoman, and the Kahayan is the price here for 16 channels.

Any inputs about this? Any thoughts?

Im finally decided and will get it the next week, but will like to know if anyone has something to say. Huge difference of price from STM to SPL... wich will incide in the circuit and is components, so also to sound. (Thats what i think, maybe im wrong)

Best regards
Old 31st March 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
a designs mix factory!!!!

ej
I will definitely take a more serious look to this, i read a good review about it.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search