The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JBL LSR 4328P vs JBL 708i Studio Monitors
Old 16th March 2018
Gear Maniac
JBL LSR 4328P vs JBL 708i

Has anyone compared the JBL LSR 4328P to the newer 708i or 708P's Yet
any feed back would be much appreciated ..
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

After months of producing different extremes with the 708, I can give a better description. I used the jbl4328 for years, and it was the first time I’ve ever “clicked” with a pair of monitors personally. Now I feel the very same way with the 708i. I’ve used focals, genelecs, atc, amphions two18s. Those other brands force to sort of buy into their own sound, which is not the case with jbl for me. The jbl sound is what I would describe as flat, muscular and naturally open. There is ALWAYS power on tap, And it will surprise you each time. The 4328p were the best in its class when I had them, but I would def get certain things wrong in translation, but exponentially less than previous monitors so I was happy. it got to a point where I knew them so well that that eventually went away. The 4328 has a slightly loose bottom end, than can be trusted in some rooms, and simply can’t in others. Very tight low mid and an AM radio type mid, that can sound scooped if you’re not used to it. There were two versions of the 4328. They had two different crossovers, and two different faceplate because of the sticky material. The 4328 middle image wasn’t the best as vocals kind of sounded like it had a stereo imager on it. The sound is very wide, spacious and super vibey. It def contributed to my sound a lot. The room eq mode was cool to act like a second pair of monitors because it was a really boring flat sound that kinda reminded me of pro-acs, but having different pairs of 4328, it felt like it wasn’t correcting my room, and it was just a preset eq lol. Reverb tails and delays are very accurate. I didn’t like treating vocals on them that’s for sure. All in all will always have love for the 4328p, and even the 6328p, which is a more detailed And more accurate monitor with a 10inch woofer.

The 708i. To date is the best pair of monitors I’ve ever been blessed to work with. I’m in awe everyday. Same exact qualities of the 6328 and 4328 but next level. The bass kills both of them even though the 63 have a bigger woofer. The 708 series has brought a certain mid character out that I’ve never heard before in a pair of monitors. The detail and realness of the 708 is def in a different league. I still feel like even though the 708 is a better sounding monitor, I could work with the 63 to achieve equally great results. Where the 708 beats the 63 for me is that it somehow manages to bring back that vibe from the 43 that was missing in the 63 series along with accuracy and the craziest phantom center I have ever heard. The bass on the 708 is next level better than the 63, and the 900 dollar sub that came with the 43 pak. Doing parallel compression on vocals is incredible because I can fine tune it like I was using a magnifying glass and it translates to Apple ear buds perfectly. What I also like about the 708 is that it gives you a heat check on balance each time. Let’s say you’re working on something for a long time, and you start changing the feel of the song. The jbl will let you know immediately the balance is off. That’s how detailed they are. I never felt this with the previous jbls. If you can get the 708s def go for it, but if you only had money for the 63 series, you’ll be okay. You’ll also be fine with the 4328 but I’d hate to admit it but there are better in the lsr line. Even the newest 3 series have more detail than the 4328. The detail isn’t classy, it will be something like the hs8 detail, but I would consider the 3 series if all you had was the budget for a 4328. Of course the 4328 will kill it in depth, probably because of better engineering. I had to get used to the new tweeter design of the 708. My ears like dome tweeters and the 708 Doesn’t have one. Planning on purchasing another 43 to have around, but not in a hurry. Hope this helps
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Tangent: I replaced LSR 28P's with 705P's. I was skeptical the 5's could compete in the bottom, but I believe they are better than the 28's in that range, at least in my room. I didn't get a chance to hear the 708's, rather I got a steal on a B-stock set of 705's I could audition in my room before committing. I don't feel a need for a sub with the work I do.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

I’ve been hearing that at the avs forum. That’s dope about the 5 series. The 28p have such a jbl sound that remains throughout every line... its so weird how all their LSRs to me share a certain quality to them. Through out the years they really are all in the same family, just improved to the next level. I hope with this new woofer they make a 3 way, but leave it at 8 inches
Old 31st May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkennaFuNkEn View Post
and even the 6328p, which is a more detailed And more accurate monitor with a 10inch woofer.
Odd. I've owned the 6328's for years, and it's ALWAYS had an 8inch woofer.
Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Odd. I've owned the 6328's for years, and it's ALWAYS had an 8inch woofer.
You’re right. My fault it’s an 8 inch woofer.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search