The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
OK to power gear from a Furman M-8X2?
Old 8th March 2018
Gear Addict

OK to power gear from a Furman M-8X2?

I'm adding more higher-end gear to my setup (Overstayer Saturator, Elysia XFilter, Burl B32, Orion 32+) and some of the units have power switches on the back, which makes no freakin' sense to me. I guess pro studios never turn their stuff off?

Anyway, I have 2 Furman M-8X2 that I plug everything into and I'm wondering if I can keep all the units switched on, and just turn everything on and off from the Furman's. Will I damage anything by doing this? I assume that the units with switches on the back are intended to be powered this way? I mean, do they really expect people to go behind their racks all the time and dig through all the cables to get to a switch?
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

No, you will not damage anything.
When you switch of electricity, you switch it off..... it doesn't matter which switch you use.
You could just use a multiway plug with a switch, or just power it down from the switch on the wall socket (if you have one) no need for the Furman.
Just make sure you turn speakers off first, and on last.
Old 8th March 2018
Gear Addict

Thanks. So the built-in switches don't provide any kind of protection? I guess that's what the fuse if for? Also, what about units that power up slow? Same thing with them?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search