The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
svt audio 1272 with Folcrom summing Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 7th March 2018
Lives for gear

svt audio 1272 with Folcrom summing

HI I have a Rolls Folcrom summing, I love I think it's brilliant.
I use it with a pair of BAE 312A and sometimes with a pair of undertone MPEQ-1.
I wish one day I will own a pair of Quad Eights Pre and EQ, but It's not in my reach for now...

Well I am looking for a pair of SVT audio 1272 to use that Neve colour on the way back. I never tried them, I do love 1073's a lot. But never used it on my 2bus.

If anybody has an opinion about it let me know!
Old 7th March 2018
Gear Nut

If you don't need extra gain, it can be nice.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb A View Post
If you don't need extra gain, it can be nice.
the SVT has 50 DB of gain, I feel like it would be enough for summing usage.

It also looks like it a very recommend preamp, I just did not have the luck to try it.
Old 4th May 2018
I had been using an AEA TRP preamp with my Folcrom for a year but added a Neve Portico 5012 to have a different option, for recording besides for the Folcrom. It sounds amazing! If you're looking for a Neve choice for the mix bus, it's definitely worth considering. It has a sound, very big and 'enhanced' but not as obviously colored as the 5043 compressor, which I had and sold. Your taste may be different, but I tried a transformerless pre into the Neve compressor, and switched to a Neve pre into an SSL style compressor, and the latter suits me better. If the pre was too colored, like the 5043, I probably wouldn't be as into it, but the 5012 definitely gives you a little extra magic and size.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search