The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recommendations for AD/DA converters Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd March 2018
Here for the gear

Recommendations for AD/DA converters

Hello!

Thought I opened a new topic, if someone can point me to the right direction.
I currently have an old trustworthy Fireface 800, but I'm thinking today there might be better AD/DA converters. I got some good mic pres, and some high end outboard effects and synths I would like to record in a best possible quality although with reasonable cost effectiveness. I'm processing through external effects and thus having to go through multiple AD/DA conversations during a mix. 2 channels AD/DA would be minimum requirement, more would of course speed up the workflow. DIY converters would also be an option, but I haven't found many options on this part.

Now there's the new Antelope Discrete 4(-8) for example, I'm thinking how good is the AD/DA conversion compared to Pure2, or some Prism, or Mytek converters, that seem to be bit older technology by now. Mic pres and more than 2 channels aren't necessary but wouldn't hurt. I'm not interested at all at any modelling simulations done ITB, which seems to be what some manufactures are keen to market now, just need top quality converters. I've been going through the specs of the converters, comparing the dynamic range specs etc. but I've realised this might not be the only think to look at, but I'm bit lost, would I hear a difference say with between "under 1000$ class" (Discrete 4(-8), Audient ID22, UA) and more expensive (Mytek, Burl, Prism, Lynx, Apogee) converters?
Old 2nd March 2018
Lives for gear

you might keep your fireface and use external converters using adat from and to your fireface
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search