The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL AWS sticky fader fix
Old 2nd March 2018
Gear Head

SSL AWS sticky fader fix

Hey guys...I have an SSL AWS 900. I know the sticky faders is a common problem. Can't afford to buy a new set at the moment. Some of them literally won't move. Is there any fix to this without buying new ones? I don't need to move more than two at once. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2018
Lives for gear

I used to try to push em up/down a few times to sort of clear the data path so to speak ...sometimes that seemed to temporary work....but...in the end I replaced all the faders as SSL eventually found a better fader for the AWS. Sorry there isn't one work a round that I'm aware of.
Old 2nd March 2018
Solid State Logic

The original AWS900 was launched in 2004 and this was followed by the AWS900+ in 2006. This means if your faders have not been replaced then they are at least 12 years old. Unfortunately there are no "tricks" to sort out old, worn faders, especially if you've done a lot of switching with the blue button to toggle between analogue fader and DAW fader. They will need replacing. Sorry.
Old 2nd March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchildren View Post
Hey guys...I have an SSL AWS 900. I know the sticky faders is a common problem. Can't afford to buy a new set at the moment. Some of them literally won't move. Is there any fix to this without buying new ones? I don't need to move more than two at once. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Hi I have had quite a bit of success by pulling everything apart full ultrasonic clean and a dry film lubricant. Where are you? If not far I can service them or you could send me a few and see if I can fix them
Old 7th March 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Burrows View Post
Hi I have had quite a bit of success by pulling everything apart full ultrasonic clean and a dry film lubricant. Where are you? If not far I can service them or you could send me a few and see if I can fix them
Will send a PM. Thanks.
Old 28th March 2018
Gear Head

Can you point me to a page where I can order them? I looked on the site, but it says they are not in stock. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The original AWS900 was launched in 2004 and this was followed by the AWS900+ in 2006. This means if your faders have not been replaced then they are at least 12 years old. Unfortunately there are no "tricks" to sort out old, worn faders, especially if you've done a lot of switching with the blue button to toggle between analogue fader and DAW fader. They will need replacing. Sorry.
Old 28th March 2018
Solid State Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairchildren View Post
Can you point me to a page where I can order them? I looked on the site, but it says they are not in stock. Thanks.
If you drop an email to [email protected] marked for my attention I'll get someone to check and let you know.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search