The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Atc mid dome 4 ohm version?
Old 1st March 2018
Atc mid dome 4 ohm version?

Hey,

I have a pair of old Genelec 1024b which uses the atc mid dome driver. (75-150)

One is distorting on a certain frequency so a replacement driver would be good to install..

From genelec, it appears to be a 4 ohm driver.
But i cant find any info on atc mid dome 4 ohm version.
Im starting to wonder if atc ever made a 4 ohm version?
Maybe its the 16 ohm version im looking for after all?

I have mailed the distributor of genelec, no response yet. Been in contact with atc through their distributor here. They only have the 16 ohm. But was to short to answer any more than that..

Sorry for a noob question.
Old 2nd March 2018
Lives for gear

First off, I would see about sending the driver to ATC to get rebuilt. Most likely you don't need to replace it (magnet, motor assembly are probably fine) but either need it re-coned or a diaphragm replacement. That's way cheaper than replacing the driver by 50%.

Second, I did find the spec sheet on your driver in ATC's spec sheets. Official name is: SM75-150 4 Ohm. They make a 4, 8, and 16 Ohm version of this driver and a 4, 8, 16 Ohm version of the "S" version of this driver according to the sheets. I only know of the SM75-150 16 Ohm and SM75-150S 16 Ohm being used by ATC for their own speakers so the other non-S models must have been OEM parts. The cone kits are the same between them all (difference is in the other parts.) But I'd call ATC. At the age of your speakers, it might be a good idea to send both midranges in and have them checked/fixed. If you have an ATC service technician in your country, they could also probably do the work and repair the driver.

Great speaker, btw. You should probably have the ferrofluid in the tweeter filled too (which I believe it used.) It's a do it yourself job (I think SEAS or one of other driver makers show how to do it online.) At 30 years old, it'd have evaporated/hardened which leaves the voice coils unprotected.
Old 2nd March 2018
Ok!

Thats great info! Thank you!
Do you have a link to the spec sheets by any chance? I tried to find specs, but didnt find it.

Thanx for the tip about ferrofluid!
I'll look into that as well.

Im in norway, a bit outside of everything it feels like sometimes.. except i grew up next to the seas factory. I'll call atc directly and hear what they suggest for me.

And yes! Genelec 1024b is great speakers!

Thanx again! Really apreciate it!
Old 2nd March 2018
Lives for gear

PM'd with more info.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search