The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7sample rate question
Old 9th February 2018
Lives for gear

Bricasti M7sample rate question

Trying to figure out why the sample rate of my Bricasti is not changing with the sample rate of my daw.

I usually run my sessions at 96k but had another engineer in to do some mixing and his session was at 48k.. got everything else set but the Bricasti sample rate stayed at 96k. A quick perusal of the manual seems to say that the M7 gets its clock over the aes and should adjust automatically.

And I couldn’t find a way to adjust it manually in settings

Ended up using it analog but I want to figure it out

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
Old 10th February 2018
Here for the gear
Other than the menu to set Analog input (internal clock) or Digital input (whereby the M7 obtains the clock from the AES signal) , there’s nothing you can alter within the Bricasti

What have you got the M7 connected to when you use it in digtal mode?
Old 10th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi_io View Post
Other than the menu to set Analog input (internal clock) or Digital input (whereby the M7 obtains the clock from the AES signal) , there’s nothing you can alter within the Bricasti

What have you got the M7 connected to when you use it in digtal mode?
Hi thanks for responding

I have an Hd thunderbolt with an avid 8x8x8 and a Burl mothership. I’m clocking off the burl and I have the burl WC module. Been working great

But I’d like to figure this out for situations such as this where engineers come in with other sample rates.

Both interfaces switch over to 48k and lock. But the Bricasti still shows 96k. Maybe Casey will see this and chime in

Thanks!
Old 10th February 2018
Lives for gear

Is it possible you are not selecting digital IO mode? Remember to push enter after you see “Digital” selected on the display.

In analog mode you will always see 96k, as that is the fixed internal rate.

-Casey
Old 11th February 2018
Lives for gear

I’ll double check that Casey It’s possible because I didn’t think about it.. because I switch back and forth a lot aes to analog depending if I’m tracking or mixing.. never think about it. But I don’t definitively remember hitting enter. Maybe I had brain fade under pressure

I probably get a either way lol
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search