The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Where do you work?
View Poll Results: Where do you mostly work?
At my own home studio
9 Votes - 20.00%
At my own commercial / private facility
25 Votes - 55.56%
At my employer's commercial studio
6 Votes - 13.33%
At commercial studios as a freelancer
2 Votes - 4.44%
On the road
0 Votes - 0%
In the office
2 Votes - 4.44%
Other workplace
0 Votes - 0%
I'm a musician
0 Votes - 0%
I'm a student
1 Votes - 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd October 2002
Capitol Studios Paris

Where do you mostly work?

...let's hear from you!
Old 22nd October 2002
Lives for gear

voted for my home studio. Considering that as the closest option. I don't run a commercial studio because most stuff we do is our own stuff. Closest because I don't see my studio as your typical homestudio either.
Old 22nd October 2002
Capitol Studios Paris

Hi Chris, I changed the poll to add 'outside' studio.

By commercial studio, I mean a business entity located in a commercial building or zone as opposed to at home, whether you do client work or in-house productions.

I'm interested to do more production work...and am curious, are you doing in-house productions? How are they being licenced or distributed?
Old 22nd October 2002
You can go in and edit Chris vote accordingly Jon.
Old 22nd October 2002
Capitol Studios Paris

Right, thanks, it's done! Chris, your vote is in category two now, if you don't mind.
Old 22nd October 2002
Moderator emeritus

I'm kind of with Chris is that my room isn't really open to the public, since my regular client work keeps the bill paid without dealing with the rendom songwriter looking for cheap demos (though I'd like to change that to bring in some projects with real music involved).

But my studio is a 2000 square foot facility that I built (and am still working on) on 10 acres nothwest of Nashville. There is a main room and an editing suite which I'm still working on (and therefore isn't operational working yet).

I think the category I fit into is that of 'private facility'.
Old 22nd October 2002
Lives for gear

I'd have to kind of go along with Dave here. I built my "home" studio on it's own lot, as a free-standing 2300 sq.ft. building, stocked with about $150,000 worth of gear. I have run 2 different small commercial facilities in the past, but got tired of weekend warriors, bozos, clueless teens & 20-somethings and countless country 'legends in their own minds'. Now my studio is invitation only, and I do better work than ever.

Scott
Old 23rd October 2002
Gear Guru

I just opened my own studio. I bought most od the gear from the studio I had run for the past 5 1/2 years.
Old 26th October 2002
Gear Addict

owned a studio for 20years...now semi retired i work out of my home also get to do a lot of projects in commercial studios (still have affiliations with my old studio and others) ..my home stuff is included in my price...that just saves production money......so i guess all of the above.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search