The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tannoy Little Reds are great !!
Old 6th February 2018
Tannoy Little Reds are great !!

I bought a pair of Tannoy Little Reds a month ago and they are soo gorgeous sounding.

They have the dual concentric setup with the tweeter being inside the cone, which apparently helps with any phase problems. In short it makes them VERY clear sounding indeed. Punchy to , for such an old speaker!

I had a pair of Gethains which are dual concentric as well, the RL 906's , but they didn't really blow me away... nice speaker but too small for my room too.

Anyone else own a pair of these REDS?

I was quite surprised and thought they'd sound more ''vintage''.....

Mix wise, i wouldn't sat they are the most detailed in the mids. But i don't care, they are such a pleasure to listen to music on them.

They also compliment the other monitors i have here (Amphions, KRK 9000b's, NS10's & AR's )

Ian
Old 6th February 2018
Lives for gear

Are they with the Doug Sax modified crossover and modified Yamaha amp ?
Old 6th February 2018
I have a Yamaha 350 amp here. Which is powering my ns 10’s well. Maybe I should try it into the Reds.

The guy I bought it from said there had been some mods to the wiring inside. Not sure about the crossover. I’ll check.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search