The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JCF Audio DA8-T anyone? Digital Converters
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
$4312

PEP option adds $529
Thank you
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartHunter View Post
I want some of these. I do use a latte for mix out capture.. i can tell you next to a Studer A80RC I don't hear a huge difference in what it does, oh and doesnt hiss
Do you run your mix into the pres and capture that or do you feed your mix directly into AD?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieryan View Post
Metric Halo ULN-8 3D via AES. Nice interface BTW... lets you use the respectable built-in preamps with direct analog outs to my JCF AD8 also on the AES.
Could you do a capture (just a stereo mix) going into the ULN8 inputs, vs the AD8?

I use a Larvy Gold for AD, but an curious about the JCF ..

I have a ULN8, so that would give me something known to compare to
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by loji View Post
Could you do a capture (just a stereo mix) going into the ULN8 inputs, vs the AD8?

I use a Larvy Gold for AD, but an curious about the JCF ..

I have a ULN8, so that would give me something known to compare to
Yes, you want stereo DA8-T out on both tests... one into JCF AD8 and another into ULN-8 AD? Send the mix you want via PM.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieryan View Post
Yes, you want stereo DA8-T out on both tests... one into JCF AD8 and another into ULN-8 AD? Send the mix you want via PM.
I have both the Merging Hapi and the AD8
I could do some samples
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Does anyone on this thread happen to know if/when JCF may consider a Dante option for their converters?

Once converted, Dante should be excellent and, from the use cases I have read, has become a juggernaut.

I am currently limited to Dante or USB and, although I would really like to try JCF conversion, it seems a shame, to me, and maybe a compromise, to use another device, after a JCF converter, to convert to Dante or USB for my needs.

Last edited by StevenLMorgan; 1 week ago at 12:39 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLMorgan View Post
Does anyone on this thread happen to know if/when JCF may consider a Dante option for their converters?
Focusrite RedNet D16 AES

Quote:
It seems a shame, to me, and maybe a compromise, to use another device, after a JCF converter, to convert to Dante or USB for my needs.
I run 2 AD8s --> HDIO Digital --> HDX

An AES EBU Interface is necessary, regardless of the digital transfer protocol. It is what it is!

Last edited by Zoot; 1 week ago at 02:56 AM.. Reason: Detail
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Thank you for the information, yes, I am aware of AES EBU Interfaces.

Sorry to thread-jack, I have wrestled with this thought for a while now and see a good opportunity here to ask JCF owners my questions.

Summarizing my thoughts, conversion matters and my willingness to invest in JCF is based on their wonderful conversion. Why should I entrust another non-JCF format converter to convert to Dante?

Since I believe everything in the audio path is important; doesn’t AES EBU format conversion matter? Does it matter as much as JCF AD or DA?

If format conversion does matter, JCF should be my first choice to convert to Dante. If I wanted Focusrite or RME, I could have selected them for AD DA.

If AES EBU format conversion (to Dante or USB) doesn’t matter; why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
Focusrite RedNet D16 AES

I run 2 AD8s --> HDIO Digital --> HDX

An AES EBU Interface is necessary, regardless of the digital transfer protocol. It is what it is!

Last edited by StevenLMorgan; 1 week ago at 12:46 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Summarizing my thoughts, conversion matters and my willingness to invest in JCF is based on their wonderful conversion. Why should I entrust another non-JCF format converter to convert to Dante?
We have to trust other interfaces because a) it's the only way and b) they aren't converting audio to digital, they are acting as intermediaries for communication of digital signals. The noise from power supplies (and what not) from the AES/EBU interfaces that interface with JCF, I have been told my josh, is negligible.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search