The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sterling Modular-Out of Business??? What Happened???
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

Deleted

Last edited by SRS; 24th February 2018 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: Deleted
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1Hub View Post
I called everyday this week, got the machine every time. What did you and Rick talk about?
Him: Thank you for calling Sterling, this is Rick

Me: Sorry, wrong #

So, not much.
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
I do not appreciate the OP slandering the company and coming on to GS with a bs post about wondering if they are out of business.

This is someone who won't rely on them self to arrange their own business.

Instead the OP I suppose felt that he could apply pressure to Sterling through GS.

I for one, know of many companies who take the first two weeks of the new year off for a break and for employees to have a break.

A totally uncalled for thread. Shameful.
Sterling is on my "Do Not Buy" list now
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
I for one, know of many companies who take the first two weeks of the new year off for a break and for employees to have a break.
Traditionally, reputable companies leave an out-of-office message. These messages are found both on voicemail and on auto-response email responses if they are closed for any duration of time or for holidays. Often also posted to their website.
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

OP headline says Out of Business.

Totally uncalled for.
Rank amateur move.

OP is a member of the Me First generation.
Old 8th February 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS View Post
Think what you will. It's February 8th.
As far as length of time to receive the desk since you ordered - mid Dec - this is a totally reasonable length of time to wait. These things are essentially custom built to order.
Old 8th February 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Karloff View Post
Sterling is on my "Do Not Buy" list now
Cool. The rest of us can get our stuff quicker!!

I don't think they are in any danger of going out of biz. Beyond custom design and getting your own finish carpenter to build you a desk, they are without a doubt the top of the heap in terms of studio hardware.
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

Deleted

Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

Deleted

Old 10th February 2018
Lives for gear

My engineer spoke with Rick and confirmed the custom mod he requested was do-able. I called shortly thereafter to get a quote and left a VM.
I hope I see a quote when I return to office on Monday
Old 10th February 2018
Gear Maniac

Sterling Modular makes really great stuff. I bought a Producer Desk secondhand a few months back. The price of one new had me wondering about the value.

Knowing what I know now, these are definitely worth the money. In hindsight, I should have bought one new years ago instead of trying all sorts of different half-assed solutions. It's a quality piece.

Rick was very friendly and helpful in sending assembly manuals as well.
Old 14th February 2018
Here for the gear

Same Problem, any suggestions?

I own the Plan A. I purchased a piece directly from them to compliment the unit about a month ago. It was 275 dollars. fedex called me and billed me the duty and taxes as it was being sent to Canada (another 43$). the piece never came. I called fedex and they said a shipping label was created and they went to pick it up, but the piece was never given to them, and for me to call Sterling Modular. I have since called no less that 20 times over a three week period and have sent at lease two emails describing what happened. No one has answered the phone, returned my messages or responded to my emails.

I'm not sure what to do?

Phil
Old 15th February 2018
Lives for gear

Rick seems to be getting them back on track.
Spoke with him twice this week..once I called to request a custom configuration...and he called me to clarify and subsequently sent a quote.
Hope the problems some of you are having get straightened out
Old 16th February 2018
I bought a Plan A desk a few months ago
Maybe try contacting Rod Levengood [email protected]
Old 16th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
I bought a Plan A desk a few months ago
Maybe try contacting Rod Levengood [email protected]
Unfortunately it seems Rod is no longer with the company. Out of curiosity how long did it take to get your desk?
Old 17th February 2018
mmm...about 10 weeks
Old 18th February 2018
Here for the gear

Resolved

Rick called with an apologetic voicemail and mailed out the piece. Sounds like they are figuring it out.

All good.

Phil
Old 21st February 2018
Here for the gear

Good afternoon all, The reports of our death are greatly exaggerated. It is very disappointing that this thread has gotten to this point. I apologize sincerely to all who have been pained by my lack of communication. I was out sick for two weeks and not able to answer the phones. We are doing very well, I might add.
I did not realize that our address was wrong on the web site. I will address that straight away. We are located at 704 E. 4th St., Unit #2 in the lovely town of Boyertown, PeaAyy. lol
Again, my apologies to those who have been pained by me and my company. My team and I truly strive for superior customer service.
Old 21st February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSterlingMod View Post
Good afternoon all, The reports of our death are greatly exaggerated. It is very disappointing that this thread has gotten to this point. I apologize sincerely to all who have been pained by my lack of communication. I was out sick for two weeks and not able to answer the phones. We are doing very well, I might add.
I did not realize that our address was wrong on the web site. I will address that straight away. We are located at 704 E. 4th St., Unit #2 in the lovely town of Boyertown, PeaAyy. lol
Again, my apologies to those who have been pained by me and my company. My team and I truly strive for superior customer service.

Thank you Rick. Glad you are back on track and running strong. I wish you the best. My Sterling Modular desk looks fabulous and no one should hesitate to purchase from them in the future.

Last edited by SRS; 24th February 2018 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: Adjusted to Reflect Current Status
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

I again chastise SRS for even starting with his heavy handed and panicked approach. So amateurish and unnecessary.

In internet searches, his post hints at Sterling being out of business.

It’s hard enough in Pro Audio without this totally unendorsed approach.

I don’t care whether he apologized or not. Oh wait, he didn’t apologize. Shameful.
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

Deleted-See Post #49

Last edited by SRS; 24th February 2018 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: Deleted
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

You damaged someone’s business.

Then I used the English language to describe what you did.
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

Plush is a Badass.....
He tells the truth and is no amateur....
These kind of threads are quite damaging and reflect the decline of western culture.
Over and Out...
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

Deleted-See Post #49

Last edited by SRS; 24th February 2018 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: Deleted
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

Deleted-See Post #49

Last edited by SRS; 24th February 2018 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: Deleted
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

Bought a Plan B a few months ago and exchanged lots of emails with Rick and he’ s been nothing but amazing.
The product is solid and looks incredible.
Old 22nd February 2018
UGP
Gear Nut

This thread should be deleted. Quickly. There are companies out there that deserve to be shamed and receive bad press. Sterling Modular is not one of them.

In today's society, the internet and social media can do more damage to a company than the best of lawyers.

Last edited by UGP; 22nd February 2018 at 05:47 PM..
Old 22nd February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSterlingMod View Post
This post adjust my above opinion.
Old 27th February 2018
Gear Addict

I'm happy to hear that sterling is up and still kicking my plan B desk for my SSL matrix just rocks.
Old 27th February 2018
Gear Addict
Had the same issue a few weeks back but Rick did finally get back and sent my order the next day.
The website is still under construction so if you want to order you should definitely call them.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search