The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What Manley Reference C tube? Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd February 2018
Here for the gear

What Manley Reference C tube?

I own Manley Reference C (12AT7) microphone that will mostly be used to record female pop vocals. I have some questions regarding tubes. I have read through a lot of older posts regarding this topic from around 2011-2013. But from what I understand Manley made circuit changes to the microphones produced after 2011. And the new ones come with a 12at7 tube. The Manley website states that the earlier produced microphones came with a 12AX7 or 6072 tube.

Can a 12AX7 or 6072 tube still be used in a new Ref C?

Anybody here using a 6072 in their Ref C?

What kind of Telefunken 12AX7 do you recommend, diamond base, smooth or ribbed plate, etc. ?

Thank you for your time

Last edited by rar; 3rd February 2018 at 02:40 AM..
Old 3rd February 2018
The stock tube in the new Manley Ref mic is outstanding. No need to change it to something else. There is a YouTube video someplace that let's you hear the differences between a couple of different tubes.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump