The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Thinking about the Hedd 20 monitors is it worth it. Studio Monitors
Old 31st January 2018
Thinking about the Hedd 20 monitors is it worth it.

Ok I have the rocks mk2 at the moment. I am really thinking about the Hedd 20. I had thoughts about the barefoot footprint but the Hedd might work better in the room have to try it first. I am thinking is it going to be worth It? Please tell me those who have the hedd now it translates? Is it full enough range to master on? Also I thought mabye keep the rocks and get small jbl305 for just checking mixes. Please tell me about the Hedd line of speaker's not much about them thanks.
Old 31st January 2018
So I got the Hedd 20 to try in my studio. What is the best way to set it up. How many feet away with these monitors? Exp please thanks.
Old 1st February 2018
Lives for gear

In a studio of a friend we installed O300’s which are similar sized and also 3-way monitors. We tried many positions, but in the end we had them positioned on heavy monitor stands behind the desk, roughly 150cm (5ft) between them, as this results almost in a perfect listening triangle with the seeting position. Also make sure that the monitors are alligned with your ears, it can make a big difference!

I have experience with the Hedd Type 7, 20 and 30 side by side and I was impressed with the 20 a lot! A gigantic step up from the 7, it sounded much more like the type 30, but with a lower max SPL.
Old 2nd February 2018
Gear Head

Translation is relative. Listen to music you know really well on them, and see if it is the character you want that tells you the information you need. Mix a song with them and take it to your car and/or mp3 player. See how it translates. Only you can judge if they work for you or not. These are pretty new speakers, and there is not a lot of consensus on then, and even fewer reviews or comparisons to other speakers. Good luck.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search