The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tree Audio Branch - BAX EQ Channel Strips
Old 25th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Tree Audio Branch - BAX EQ

As a guitarist dabbling with recording, I prefer gear which is simple to operate.

Somebody introduced me to Baxandall EQ, and the plugin I tried seems to work well for adding a bit of sparkle and giving some body to a guitar track. I don't buy a lot of gear, but I'm thinking it might be worth saving up for something decent which will add a bit of spice.

I'd had it in the back of my mind that at some point I might get a Retro Instruments Powerstrip. However my online search for a hardware Baxandall EQ came up with the Dangerous BAX EQ, and Tree Audio The Branch.

Reviews suggest that the Dangerous EQ is something special (although it might be geared towards mastering) but is the Branch likely to give similar results? Do they do the same thing with regard to EQ, and is that type of EQ likely to be more useful to me than the the Pultec style in the Powerstrip?

The Branch also has the mic-pre (which I might not have a need for), DI and compressor, so perhaps that means everything is 'watered down'.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear the consensus on The Branch, and any comparisons to the Powerstrip and the Dangerous.
Old 26th January 2018
Tree audio branch is definitely not 'watered down'
all gear I've used of theirs sounds incredible
Firstly I'd recommend you get yourself a nice interface/AD/DA, nice monitors, and a treated room; once that is sorted you'll be able to trust your decisions. then grab yourself a Tree Audio Branch, make heaps of music w it, n my bet is you wont wanna sent it back :P
Old 26th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Thanks - I have a feeling the Branch might be ideal for me! I've got a nice interface, and I'm currently upgrading my monitoring. I just need recording and playing skills, but the Branch looks like it might be simple to operate. The controls look logical, so it's probably just a case just a case of twisting the EQ (bass/treble) and Limiter (gain reduction) knobs until things sound better!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search