The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AMS Neve 1073 DPA or DPD? Audio Interfaces
Old 24th January 2018
Here for the gear

AMS Neve 1073 DPA or DPD?

Hello,

whats the difference between AMS Neve 1073 DPA and DPD? And is DPD much better than DPA?

And is DPD connectable to babyface pro?
Old 24th January 2018
Gear Maniac

DPD is the stereo 1073 pres with digital outs I.e. built in analog to digital conversion.

The DPA is just the stereo 1073 pres with analog outs so you’ll need to convert it to digital if you’re processing/capturing digitally in the box.

Both are the same mic preamp, it’s just whether you want the option of having the built in A/D conversion or not. For example, you might not like the conversion of your interface so might want to connect your interface digitally to the neve, so that the neve does the conversion and it’s transferred via your interface into the computer thereby cutting out the interface’s conversion stage. Or if you’re location recording and rather than using an interface to computer, you are recording straight to digital storage device.

I believe the babyface has digital connections as well as XLR inputs, so you could use either (as the DPD also has analog xlr outs). But if you’re happy with your conversion, DPA is cheaper. Hope that helps?
Old 25th January 2018
Here for the gear

yes alot thanx...

in time i want to upgrade anyways the A/D conversion
so maybe dpa is the choice
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search