The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
H3000 Differences Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 29th April 2016
Lives for gear

Thanks for the heads up. Very interesting.
Old 3rd February 2018
It’s important we still have these old threads where we saw them going for $500 in 2007... Crazy. I can’t believe even those old noisy original grey h3000’s are climbing upwards towards 2k!!! Sheesh gimme a max h9 any day over one of these. I feel like we’re reaching peak vintage outboard, where people are just paying absurd prices for anything that looks old. I feel like we’re really entering that era. Especially with old synth stuff, it’s becoming absurd. Especially when new stuff clearly SOUNDS better. I get it, holy grail Fairchild 670 analog compression is unattainable elsewhere, ok. $20,000 justified. Old pre-cbs strats and space echos in great condition, makes sense. But an antiquated old 1988 digital h3000 for $2500 in 2018? Imho: Uh... no
Makes you wonder, if we work in this industry and WE set the precedents for market value when we pay for the gear, shouldn’t we be a bit more responsible about what we’re paying for this stuff? Gimme an H9 over an h3000 anyday anway. Or a plethora of other gear out there now.
Old 3rd February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml designs View Post
It’s important we still have these old threads where we saw them going for $500 in 2007... Crazy. I can’t believe even those old noisy original grey h3000’s are climbing upwards towards 2k!!! Sheesh gimme a max h9 any day over one of these. I feel like we’re reaching peak vintage outboard, where people are just paying absurd prices for anything that looks old. I feel like we’re really entering that era. Especially with old synth stuff, it’s becoming absurd. Especially when new stuff clearly SOUNDS better. I get it, holy grail Fairchild 670 analog compression is unattainable elsewhere, ok. $20,000 justified. Old pre-cbs strats and space echos in great condition, makes sense. But an antiquated old 1988 digital h3000 for $2500 in 2018? Imho: Uh... no
Makes you wonder, if we work in this industry and WE set the precedents for market value when we pay for the gear, shouldn’t we be a bit more responsible about what we’re paying for this stuff? Gimme an H9 over an h3000 anyday anway. Or a plethora of other gear out there now.
I think you are looking at silly asking prices which no one would pay.
Completed listings show that they actually sell for around $1000.
I consider this a bargain for the greatest effects processor ever made.
Forget about the H9, I would take a H3000 over a H8000.
Old 3rd February 2018
Lives for gear

h3000 has a sound. I think analog anti alias and reconstruction filters have some of the responsibility ... H9 is much more transparent... i would think you would only need to port the algos to plugins to get it. Not the case with the h3000
Old 21st February 2018
Wow.... I started this thread in 2007... 2000 and F'N 7!!!! Man I am old.

So I mostly agree with JML above. I love old gear but in SOME cases old gear is just old technology.

You know, after this thread I purchased a black H3000. It is really a great unit, I like the thing a lot, I really do.... but I have not even turned it on (literally) in 6 or 7 years. I get great results ITB and it's hard to justify the break in workflow to patch out and back into the DAW. I need to turn it on again and give it a try, after years of plugin verbs I am curious to see how I take to the H3000.

I am sure it's still a great sounding piece of kit.
Old 21st February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_new View Post
Wow.... I started this thread in 2007... 2000 and F'N 7!!!! Man I am old.
Old ?? You were already not_so_new when you started this thread in 2007......
Old 22nd February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2016 View Post
Old ?? You were already not_so_new when you started this thread in 2007......
L .... O...... L I really did LOL..... that is funny! I guess that make me ancient at this point.

Old 27th February 2018
Gear Addict

Hello everyone,

I have found an H3000 upgraded to 3500D/SE for 975 euros. It's been serviced very recently.

I would say it's a very nice price but I wanted to ask you guys first, since it's an H3500 and not an H3000 and I can't find a lot of info about it...

Thanks in advance!
Old 27th February 2018
Lives for gear

The H3500 is nothing more than an H3000 with a sampler board fitted and some dedicated software for this sampler board.
If you look at the right places you will find a lot of info about it.
Even in this "H3000 differences" thread.
Old 27th February 2018
Gear Addict

Thanks for the quick answer, SP2016!! That was exactly the info I was able to find, so I guess that's it
Old 27th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedari View Post
I have found an H3000 upgraded to 3500D/SE for 975 euros. It's been serviced very recently.
As it was an H3000 before I would check if there really is a sampler board fitted.It also can be an H3000 with H3500 software, but without the sampler board.
If there really is a sampler board fitted, you have a bargain.

Last edited by SP2016; 27th February 2018 at 03:47 PM..
Old 28th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedari View Post
Hello everyone,

I would say it's a very nice price but I wanted to ask you guys first, since it's an H3500 and not an H3000 and I can't find a lot of info about it...

Thanks in advance!
Most likey, it probably just has the 3500 eproms, which gives you every possible preset and algorithm. (Which is worth having)
As mentioned, a true 3500 has the sampling board installed.
I’d find out about this.

But a big bonus is that it has been recently serviced. Most importantly you want a reliable unit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search