The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is the sluttiest thing you have bought in the year 2018 ? Condenser Microphones
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by u87allen View Post
Just pulled the trigger on a Bock 47. Pictures to follow.
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Staxx View Post
Nice!
Thanks. Those bastards at VK reduced all the Bock stuff by 10% and forced me to buy it!
Old 20th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by u87allen View Post
Thanks. Those bastards at VK reduced all the Bock stuff by 10% and forced me to buy it!
Those bastards
Old 21st November 2018
Lives for gear

Nobody cares
Old 21st November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Nobody cares
12 pages of this thread disagree dear fellow. You might not care, but clearly some do.

Forgotten the name of this forum?
Old 22nd November 2018
Gear Addict

apogee symphony 16x16 @danDerloo 's ID DI
and 2 u47's
Old 22nd November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nobody cares
though I don't care what 10-15 items someone bought this year (not the thread title)...

I most definitely AM interested in the 1 sluttiest (high end please, given the subforum) thing he or she has bought so far this year!

One of the few threads I can read without fear of it turning into a negative...oh wait
Old 22nd November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nobody cares
Lol honestly I've found there's really not much to care about in general on this entire planet. We're all just keeping ourselves busy until it's our time to depart or the asteroid hits.
Old 22nd November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol honestly I've found there's really not much to care about in general on this entire planet. We're all just keeping ourselves busy until it's our time to depart or the asteroid hits.
welcome to the gearlsutz burnout group therapy. have a set, take a cookie
Old 22nd November 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Nobody cares
grumpslutz.com
Old 22nd November 2018
Lives for gear

I’ve participated here and had some fun out of this thread. However, reading it recently elicited my earlier response.

“You’ve bought a plug-in?” Yes, indeed. . .
Old 22nd November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
no pets?
Old 22nd November 2018
Lives for gear

Old 24th November 2018
How I spent my summer vacation... on gear!

Today is "Black Friday" in the US, so I expect this thread will heat up soon. In the meantime, allow me to offer my own personal gear retrospective for the year.

I finished (for now) filling out my SDC stable by adding a pair of 4015 wide cardioid capsules to my DPA "C" kit. They are seen here mounted on beautifully-made stereo bar by Grace Designs. (We believe in color-coordination here: My analogous Schoeps kit is paired with an AEA bar! )

What is the sluttiest thing you have bought in the year 2018 ?-grace-w-4015s-2-.jpg

Next, I turned my attention to the studio rack, for which I needed a compressor that required very few brain cells to operate. (These days, we have to be producers as well as engineers.) What could be simpler than an optical limiter with only "drive" and "output" adjustments? Who better to supply it than our own high priestess of thermionic emissions? We love you, Eve Anna!

What is the sluttiest thing you have bought in the year 2018 ?-right-lower-rack-2-.jpg

For good measure, I also bought a Klanghelm plug-in, but Nobody Cares!

Having fed the rack monster, it was back to stuffing the maw of the microphone locker. Though, in retrospect, I'm not sure this thing will ever get taken off the mic stand.

What is the sluttiest thing you have bought in the year 2018 ?-josephson-c725-sun-mode.jpg

Well, that's pretty much decimated my capital budget for the year. I guess there's nothing to do now but record music until the tax man cometh.

David L. Rick
Seventh String Recording
Attached Thumbnails
What is the sluttiest thing you have bought in the year 2018 ?-grace-w-4015s-2-.jpg   What is the sluttiest thing you have bought in the year 2018 ?-josephson-c725-sun-mode.jpg   What is the sluttiest thing you have bought in the year 2018 ?-right-lower-rack-2-.jpg  
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

a 725.....yummy.....

does it pass audio?
Old 24th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Oh my... 2018 and my wallet... XD

Telefunken USA C12
Retro Powerstrip 2x
Redd 47 Chandler preamp
Schoeps CCM 5 2x
Soyuz 013 Pair
Fender Precision Bass
Gyraf G21
AEA TRP
AEA R88MkII
Dangerous music Liaison
Invested more in room acoustics
Glockenklang amp and box

I´m sure 2019 is going to be calm considering GAS ,...
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___GLM___ View Post
Oh my... 2018 and my wallet... XD

Telefunken USA C12
Retro Powerstrip 2x
Redd 47 Chandler preamp
Schoeps CCM 5 2x
Soyuz 013 Pair
Fender Precision Bass
Gyraf G21
AEA TRP
AEA R88MkII
Dangerous music Liaison
Invested more in room acoustics
Glockenklang amp and box

I´m sure 2019 is going to be calm considering GAS ,...
Nice, you nabbed the G21! How are you finding it?

Also: slut.

:¬)
Old 24th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Nice, you nabbed the G21! How are you finding it?

Also: slut.

:¬)
exceptional. Got it today, so I need some time to get to know this beat for sure. First impression: very well built, can do things no unit can do. Works on some material wonders and doesn´t fit with other songs or sounds at all. But thats probably nothing you don´t already know about. I´m going to make a little demo /youtube of the gyraf soon. But of course that will just give you a hint what its capable of and probably wouldn´t do this thing justice.
Old 24th November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
a 725.....yummy.....

does it pass audio?
Not as you see it in this photo: I unplugged the power cord because the LED was messing with my camera's auto-exposure. But, yes, it does pass audio -- many types in fact. I don't have any clips I'm permitted to share right now, but you can read my initial reactions in this thread.
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___GLM___ View Post
exceptional. Got it today, so I need some time to get to know this beat for sure. First impression: very well built, can do things no unit can do. Works on some material wonders and doesn´t fit with other songs or sounds at all. But thats probably nothing you don´t already know about. I´m going to make a little demo /youtube of the gyraf soon. But of course that will just give you a hint what its capable of and probably wouldn´t do this thing justice.
That's what Bob (Macc) says; nothing can do what it does (when it fits). Always intrigued me as a unit - looking forward to your video!
Old 25th November 2018
Lives for gear

i guess I do care after all.

Bring on those lists!
Old 25th November 2018
Lives for gear

Updated list - I spent wisely, not the sluttiest outboard in the world but a nice centrepiece and should sound awesome!

Old 25th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Hey Slutz! Can anybody advise how fast moving the Aurora Audio GTQC is? I have a guy who's selling it in my area, but I don't have as much time as I used to for slutty recording- so if I do buy it and later decide to sell it, would I be stuck with it for ages?

Thanks in advance
Old 25th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amroth View Post
Hey Slutz! Can anybody advise how fast moving the Aurora Audio GTQC is? I have a guy who's selling it in my area, but I don't have as much time as I used to for slutty recording- so if I do buy it and later decide to sell it, would I be stuck with it for ages?

Thanks in advance
I can only tell you that the gtqc is a fantastic sounding and versatile tool..
If right price it "should" sell well.. I don't see many of them around..
That probably means they're working great for their owners..

dunno if this helps,

Cheu
Old 25th November 2018
Project Audio Pre Box S2 DAC, Topping DX7S DAC, GoldenEar Technolgy Aon 2 speakers, Springfield Essential 9mm SS 1911 pistol.

Those are all winners.
Old 25th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
I can only tell you that the gtqc is a fantastic sounding and versatile tool..
If right price it "should" sell well.. I don't see many of them around..
That probably means they're working great for their owners..

dunno if this helps,

Cheu
Thanks dude! Yes I did get that impression... I searched for it on eBay and there is just one very pricey unit in Japan. And one new unit on Reverb.com for 2,750 USD.

I haven't seen the unit yet but I'm guessing a mint one is worth around 2,300 USD and a sorta banged up (but still functional) one around the 1,900 mark?
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear

Dangerous 2 bus plus
Burl B2
Stam Audio SA-76
Audio Scape Opto Comp
Audio Scape Pultec
Wes Audio Dione
Wes Audio Hyperion
(2) LTL Chromas'

It's been a year
Old 27th November 2018
Here for the gear

I'm in the process of building a new studio, so 2018 raped my bank account and it's not even over.

Apogee Symphony MKII 2x6SE
Arturia V-Collection V6
Avantone CLA-10
Avantone MixCubes
K&M 18810
LennarDigital Sylenth1
LG 34UM88-P
M-Audio Hammer 88
Mac mini i7 3,0 GHz 16 GB RAM, 512 GB
Spectrasonics Keyscape
Output Platform
Spitfire Audio Hans Zimmer Strings
Sonarworks Reference 4

Next:
Barefoot Footprint01
Crane Song Avocet IIA
GIK Acoustics room treatment
Spitfire Audio Eric Whitacre Choir
Old 27th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
That's what Bob (Macc) says; nothing can do what it does (when it fits). Always intrigued me as a unit - looking forward to your video!
here we go.

I find it hard to make a good demo video since the unit is complex and I thought the easiest way is to play around with the knobs, with an open final result. That is what we would do anyway when we get our hands at the unit for the first time.

I used a recorded piano snippet and in the next videos I´ll also use it on vocals, guitar, cello, and different 2 bus material. These video are also for my own trial phase, with the benefit you can get the same insight since there are not many other audio demos on the internet.

Old 27th November 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
I'm in the process of building a new studio, so 2018 raped my bank account and it's not even over.

Apogee Symphony MKII 2x6SE
Arturia V-Collection V6
Avantone CLA-10
Avantone MixCubes
K&M 18810
LennarDigital Sylenth1
LG 34UM88-P
M-Audio Hammer 88
Mac mini i7 3,0 GHz 16 GB RAM, 512 GB
Omnisphere Keyscape
Output Platform
Spitfire Audio Hans Zimmer Strings
Sonarworks Reference 4

Next:
Barefoot Footprint01
Crane Song Avocet IIA
GIK Acoustics room treatment
Spitfire Audio Eric Whitacre Choir
All great stuff - I highly recommend the GIK room treatment I just did my place out with their panels - the Alpha 6A bass trap / diffusers are stunning as it the Avocet controller.

Can I ask you how do you find the LG 34UM88-P

I use Cubase and was looking at this very screen.

How far back do you sit from it?

I'm worried such a wide screen in front of my might feel too much visually and very bright on the eyes - like sitting 1 meter back from a large TV.

How does it work out in practice?

Thanks
tft

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search