The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lunchbox EQ and Compressor 500 Series Dynamics
Old 7th January 2018
Here for the gear

Lunchbox EQ and Compressor

Hi,

I have about £5k budget to spend on a some EQ and compression.

Main use is for tracking a variety of music; the majority will be noisy guitar bands but there would from time to time be some delicate tracks to record as well.

The simpler for me the better... less knobs means less options means less time making decisions. Also, the easier to get identical settings for left and right, the smaller the headache.

For the EQ I was thinking 2 x API 550a.
For the compression, I'm looking for a recommendation.
If I went with the API we then I would also need to find a chassis too with that budget. I'm finding it hard to get excited about buying a chassis.

Any help or advice you can offer is great, but also I'm just interested... for this budget what would you buy?

Thanks

Ethyl
Old 8th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethyl View Post
Hi,

I have about £5k budget to spend on a some EQ and compression.

Main use is for tracking a variety of music; the majority will be noisy guitar bands but there would from time to time be some delicate tracks to record as well.

The simpler for me the better... less knobs means less options means less time making decisions. Also, the easier to get identical settings for left and right, the smaller the headache.

For the EQ I was thinking 2 x API 550a.
For the compression, I'm looking for a recommendation.
If I went with the API we then I would also need to find a chassis too with that budget. I'm finding it hard to get excited about buying a chassis.

Any help or advice you can offer is great, but also I'm just interested... for this budget what would you buy?

Thanks

Ethyl
The API EQ and compression seem like exactly what you need. Buy once, cry once!
There isn’t any EQ exactly like the 550. There are many compressors you might look at, but the 550s are the choice that forces you to buy a chassis, if I understand you correctly. I guess I don’t even have 2 cents worth of a better solution.
Old 9th January 2018
check out the new RND 535 compressor.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search