The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DP88 Send/Return Summing Mixers
Old 5th January 2018
Here for the gear

DP88 Send/Return

I am running a Studio 192 and a DP88, from the DAC outputs of the DP88 to a Dangerous 2-Bus LT, for the16 channel summing and than into a Dangerous D-Box for monitoring. I also want to integrate some hardware to use with the Pipeline plugin.

My idea is to run a DB25 snake out to a patchbay, out of the extra line outs of the DP88 and than returning from the patchbay another DB25 into the line inputs of the DP88.

Before I had it routed this way, I had it going from the outputs of the 192 and the DP88 directly into the patchbay and than out of the patchbay into the 2-Bus LT and it was working. But I want to use the hardware as plugins instead of part of the main signal flow so I have the summing and the hardware separated. But I can't figure out what I am doing wrong and couldn't find any documentation that references this kind of set up.

For example according to my theory, I would use a Pipeline plugin with the send going to ADAT Out 9 and returning through ADAT In 9. But there is no signal reaching the hardware when I try this. First of all, is this even possible or is there somewhere that I am not getting right? Thank you.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search