The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Crane Song Flamingo and Trackers Audio Interfaces
Old 30th December 2017
Crane Song Flamingo and Trackers

The end of the year has got me thinking about the studio gear I have. What is my studio missing? Clean high end mic pre and compressors.

The Crane Song Flamingo and a pair of Trackers come to mind. How cool would it be to have these two units sitting in my rack? Been chasing colored gear for while and after hearing a Crane Song mic pre on guitars and vocals, I am convinced my clients would greatly appreciate the end results as would I. I have been big fan of the Tracker for a while and like that layout. Not only could I use then with the pre's but also on a 2 bus. I k own Bob Katz is a big fan of them.

ANY users out there who can add some insight on these two units? I know the Titan is nice too but I am more drawn to the Tracker.
Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

You can't go wrong with Dave Hill / Crane Song stuff. Very high quality, sounds very good. I love trakkers.. They can do everything while sounding effortless, natural.. and the vocals (or whatever you put through them) will stay in place with no artifacts.
The trakkers have several compression types.. These are compressors "behaviour", not "sounds".. so it can't sound like an LA2A, but it has that type of compression "curve/behaviour".. They're very versatile, they work really good on a lot of stuff.

Have fun

Cheu
Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

Crane Song preamps are simply stunning. Best of all worlds. (I have two Spiders)
Old 31st December 2017
Crane Song pre's offer so much clean detail while providing a pleasant sound.
Old 2nd January 2018
I don't own any Crane Song gear (yet) but I have worked once at a studio that has their pre's and a pair of Trackers. They are outstanding in sound and quality. I hope to have at least a Tracker in my studio in the future. Perhaps a second Tracker afterwards so I can use it for mastering as well. Then I will look at their pre's

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search