The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API audio tour.
Old 28th December 2017
Here for the gear

API audio tour.

Tour of API headquarters.
YouTube
Old 28th December 2017
Here for the gear

Another one here:
YouTube
Old 29th December 2017
Old 29th December 2017
Here for the gear

Thanks for the links I've found that very interesting. I've owned a few API pieces in the past and the quality is always top notch.
Doesn't appear to be a huge company which I think is a good thing.
Old 31st December 2017
Gear Guru

Thanks for posting this
Old 1st January 2018
Lives for gear

gotta love that Les Paul board.

seems like a cool relaxed place to work.

Old 1st January 2018
Lives for gear

I live in the area. I'm a local truck driver and have been in there 3 times making a delivery. The coolest thing is once I saw a vision being made and liked to lost my mind. The warehouse guy thought I was crazy.
Stoked and crazy excited and it wasn't even my board.
Old 1st January 2018
Lives for gear

Wow, that's a MUCH smaller facility than I imagined.
Old 1st January 2018
Gear Guru

For several AES's in a row I'd go up this guy in the API booth and re-re-re-suggest that the 512c ought to have an output trim. He was always very nice to me and would only cringe a tiny bit when he saw me coming. Who knew it was the president of the company???

As it turns out, they went and did it -- it's the 512v, and it's brilliant. Not just an output trim, but a whole second opamp that's driven by the first one -- the "trim" pot is actually before the second opamp, not on the way out. It's not just a great pre; as an overdriveable reamp device it clips in a very, very nice way.

And it's only $50 more than the 512c. I'm not sure why they even still have the 512c, unless they just have a bunch of old stock.
Old 2nd January 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
For several AES's in a row I'd go up this guy in the API booth and re-re-re-suggest that the 512c ought to have an output trim. He was always very nice to me and would only cringe a tiny bit when he saw me coming. Who knew it was the president of the company???

As it turns out, they went and did it -- it's the 512v, and it's brilliant. Not just an output trim, but a whole second opamp that's driven by the first one -- the "trim" pot is actually before the second opamp, not on the way out. It's not just a great pre; as an overdriveable reamp device it clips in a very, very nice way.

And it's only $50 more than the 512c. I'm not sure why they even still have the 512c, unless they just have a bunch of old stock.
A good buddy of my was suuuuper stoked and got 8 of them and he loves having the trim.
Old 2nd January 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
A good buddy of my was suuuuper stoked and got 8 of them...
Eight. Heavens to Betsy.
Old 2nd January 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Eight. Heavens to Betsy.
I'm pretty sure he filled a whole rack. Our good friend is a SW salesman and get him consecutive serial numbers.
Old 3rd January 2018
UGP
Gear Nut

Quote:

Or perhaps coincidental that the release of the trim feature followed the CAPI lawsuit? I wondered about the timing of those two events. Nice upgrade for sure though. I enjoyed the videos - API looks like a great place to work.
Old 3rd January 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGP View Post
Or perhaps coincidental that the release of the trim feature followed the CAPI lawsuit?
Didn't mean to imply that I played a significant role -- everyone I talked to there indicated the discussion had been around for quite a while.
Old 10th January 2018
Gear Maniac

512v

Quote:
Didn't mean to imply that I played a significant role -- everyone I talked to there indicated the discussion had been around for quite a while.
Don't sell yourself short, Brent. When we hear the same suggestion 40 or 50 times, we start to get it!! You helped.
Old 16th January 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by API Sez... View Post
Don't sell yourself short, Brent. When we hear the same suggestion 40 or 50 times, we start to get it!! You helped.
Awesome gear!!
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by API Sez... View Post
Then, maybe you will FINALY make a 500 gate?
Old 16th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_Three View Post
Then, maybe you will FINALY make a 500 gate?
Yes, an API 500 series gate with key input would be great. Put me down for two.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search