The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I'm back Multi-Effects Processors (HW)
Old 23rd August 2003
Gear Head

Hey Michael

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mwagener

Hey Michael,

I was looking at the pics you supplied of your drum room. I saw you were using an oz audio
cue send box. I have the same system.
I find our clients complain that they distort easy.
Did you mod your boxes or?? Im using fostex t20
headphones and t40s for the drummer..

Just curious.. thanks

Jay Doucet
Old 23rd August 2003
High End Moderator

The box is being used with a variety of headphones, the t20s being one of them, but I don't hear any distortion up to a level where I could not put the headphones on myself, because it's too loud. I mainly use the stereo bus in the oz box. Then again, most of what I send into the box is already distorted heh
Old 24th August 2003
Gear Head

OZ Box

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener
The box is being used with a variety of headphones, the t20s being one of them, but I don't hear any distortion up to a level where I could not put the headphones on myself, because it's too loud. I mainly use the stereo bus in the oz box. Then again, most of what I send into the box is already distorted heh

Thanks Michael. Ive been a fan of your work for many years. Awesome stuff. Im from Louisiana but Im often in Nashville for tracking for some of my artists. I have found most of the rooms in Nashville are using the Formula Q system head phone boxes which are loud as hell and sound, in my opinion, tons better, than my oz boxes.

Although, considering the cost is rather high for a new Q system, I may try some different headphones or maybe just buying new t20s as mine could quite possibly be toast.

I primarily track at Omni Studios in Nashville on
there API and love it, and then I come home to Louisiana with radar/protools files.

Cheers,

Jay Doucet
Doucets Audio Sales

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search