The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
studer 169 mod to additional 4 aux send like 369 Mixers (Analog)
Old 26th December 2017
Gear Addict
studer 169 mod to additional 4 aux send like 369

hi, i recently bought a studer 169 and a 269. tomorrow i will get the serviced and recapped 169 and i am excited! one downside with these mixers is the lack of aux sends (only 2) but i saw pictures of the 369 which had 4 additional sends from an extra modeule located on a meter bridge kind of thing. wondering if it would be possible to add something like this to a 169 or 269? opinons?
Attached Thumbnails
studer 169 mod to additional 4 aux send like 369-aux.jpg  
Old 26th December 2017
Lives for gear

The 169 was meant to be configurable and therefore broadcast companies asked studer to build them with some features that were important to them.
That's why the studer desks sometimes have "custom" stuff..

I believe that is possible, but you'll need the space above the faceplace (like in your picture).. but maybe only for the 269 or bigger x69? It depends if you could "take" the signal from the circuit/pcb for additional auxes..

I don't know if the one in the picture (with 4 auxes) does have a different layout on the channels.. anyway you'll need a good tech who knows these desks well.

It will probably not be cheap, you'll need quite a bit of work for that.

Cheu
Old 26th December 2017
Gear Addict
the channels look exactly the same as from the 169/269. i´ll speak to my tech guy - he´s really good. this thing with 6 aux sends would be amazing!
Attached Thumbnails
studer 169 mod to additional 4 aux send like 369-w3mth4spqiqqcig6okbr.jpg  
Old 26th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. harrison View Post
the channels look exactly the same as from the 169/269. i´ll speak to my tech guy - he´s really good. this thing with 6 aux sends would be amazing!
I know, but you have to take 1 channel out and look if the pcb is exactly the same..or if it does have some differencies to the 169 (because of the auxes)..
But I believe that it might be possible.. These were modular and user configurable mixers, to some extent..Very well thought..

Cheu
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search