The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AKG BX 10 vs. 15? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear
AKG BX 10 vs. 15?

Quick question...both of these units look identical other than the the extra choices of reverb time in the 15.

Any noticeable sonic differences?

Thanks!
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

There may well be sonic differences because of the differing designs, but every bx-15 (all three of them hah) I’ve used sounds totally different from one another anyway.

Can be out-of-this-word on guitars.
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

Wow, I used to love these from the BX-15/20 and they do impart a certain sound! It's a different sound though if, if one opted up boom, I'd grab it, remotes come online often, the Goldfoil was my favourite the EMT plate so distinctive I can't use them! Just not for me, though very cool, add delay and it's a unique character in Sound, some reverb lives well on all tracks! Been a while though AKG made some cool stuff, like EMT the legend grows though true use? Hmmmm!
Old 26th December 2017
Lives for gear
I used to love those things, until i heard them on drums. Great on vocals though. The micmix master room is also a great spring, but again, no drums.

My new reverb love is a piano harp (soundboard and strings) with a vibration speaker and piezo setup. Sounds so big and organic and musical.
Old 28th December 2017
Lives for gear

BX-15 on drums can be amazing! It’s a very specific sound (springy, basically) but it’s a lot of fun when it works!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search