The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who else is using ADM 780 preamps?
Old 10th April 2007
Who else is using ADM 780 preamps?

I currently have 4 channels of them (2 phantom powered), and I have to say, I am very happy with them. Basically, they are torn out of an old broadcasting board from the 70's. I'm told that the ADM used to make parts for API at one time (out of somewhere in Michigan).

I will have to get some pictures up here to show you mine soon, but I'm just curious: who else is using these guys?

I ran a p-bass into one the other night, and I was pretty shocked at the balance of the bass guitar. Another friend of mine tells me that they sound a lot like API 512's (which, I currently am waiting on a lunchbox for, so soon, I'll be comparing them).

So hit up, boys and girls. Who's got these? What do you use them on?

Brad
Old 10th April 2007
Lives for gear

adm

I now have a rack of two 780 pre's and two 1540 eq's. I didn't get a chance to use them yet but I will. Mine are old black face models from a 70's They are from a console from the local TV station. I did try them with and without the output tranny and the tranny didn't seem to ad anything in terms of transformer warmth or glue so I left them off.

I am about to sell a bunch more of the 780 mic pre's. I have at least a dozen left to sell and I have some output trannys to sell as well.

I have one eq left to sell .They have inductors in them,are 4 band and sound pretty nice.

Stace
Old 31st August 2009
Here for the gear

Adm 780

I recently racked up 13 modules of ADM 780's
I think they sound great...

Old 8th December 2013
Here for the gear

pic of my console
16 - ADM 780 mic pres
4- line pres
8 - banks for 1540 eq 5 of 8 populated so far
Old 8th December 2013
Lives for gear

I still have the faders from an ADM console that are in nice shape if anyone needs any?

give a shout!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search