The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Dutch & Dutch 8Cs are remarkable speakers..
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think the cardioid dispersion offered by D&D and Kii is a major plus point for those of us working in less than ideal rooms. The 8c’s measure a lot better in my room than other monitors I’ve tried.

Last edited by explorer; 4 weeks ago at 12:31 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
A few years ago D&D also offered the 8M model, same internal litreage but without cardioid, the 8Cs when compared directly were just less congested.
Keith
MrG
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowland View Post
I'm not using 45, it's more like 30 - it was the idea of a steepish toe-in that I picked up from Grimm Audio (BTW, their company motto is 'The Future Is Grimm' - just about covers it!). I should explain that the LS1 has specific DSP to allow for the steeper angle, retaining the advantage of dialling the room back while compensating for tonal change.

I haven't checked, but it's likely the sweet spot diminished here by toeing, although it's large anyway - but I mostly work on my own, and on attended sessions the client can always sit in my chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
The 8c manual recommends a 30degree angle but says you can adjust to taste because the off axis sound is very similar. I’ve gone for the standard 30 degrees for studio use and it’s working for me.
Thanks all - I’ve experimented with this in the past days and toed in around 30 definitely sounds great. Slightly wider seems to be working slightly better in my personal experience. Minimal diminishing of sweet spot on both axes, as noted. ****ing fantastic speakers. I’ve been enjoying them flat for the past days and will be calibrating over the brief holiday - eager to hear the potential for upside.

Thanks all for the tips and Happy Holidays to you and yours,

MG
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
MrG
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey all,

Do you have any recommendations for stands for these in studio, on carpeted floor? Thinking adjustable sound anchors but not sure if these really benefit from 4 post fixed height as opposed to 2.

Thanks much!
MG
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
MrG
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Well, just closing the loop here for anyone who might be in a similar situation. I got Sound Anchor ADJ1s and they’re working great. Big improvement in all ways.

Happy New Years all,
M
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Well, just closing the loop here for anyone who might be in a similar situation. I got Sound Anchor ADJ1s and they’re working great. Big improvement in all ways.

Happy New Years all,
M
Did you get the 44” or 56”?
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
MrG
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Did you get the 44” or 56”?
I went with the 44” - I use a Stealth chair at maximum height, and I have the platters almost at the top, maybe 1-2” down, with posts oriented on the sides. The posts don’t get in the way of the ports. Still totally loving them.

Cheers,
MG
📝 Reply