The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Dutch & Dutch 8Cs are remarkable speakers..
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by puriteaudio View Post
Some do Alex, NOS,R2R and something with a valve stuck in it, check out the measurements of contemporary oversampling designs at the ASR forum, digital is done and dusted.
Keith
A little unsure what you mean by NOS, R2R etc?

I've never listened to a DAC with a valve in it, not sure what the point in something like that would be.

It's all well and good looking at the measurements, but I think it's important to also pay attention to your ears. Tail wagging the dog etc...
Old 5th August 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Hey where's the manual for using the new REW integration?
https://dutchdutch.com/wp-content/up...g-with-REW.pdf

There’s also a video on it’s way showing the REW integration in light of the updates... Dutch and Dutch day it’s nearly ready.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rak1978 View Post
https://dutchdutch.com/wp-content/up...g-with-REW.pdf

There’s also a video on it’s way showing the REW integration in light of the updates... Dutch and Dutch day it’s nearly ready.
Found it thanks
Weird I’ve shot the room multiple times
Shows peaks and dips but doesn’t generate filters for everything
Just a couple for peaks but no filters for the dips.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Found it thanks
Weird I’ve shot the room multiple times
Shows peaks and dips but doesn’t generate filters for everything
Just a couple for peaks but no filters for the dips.
Boosting is not good for correction for most of the times, increase distortion a lot, which is already one of 8c's weakness in the low end, I guess most of the dips are around 100 hz.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
Boosting is not good for correction for most of the times, increase distortion a lot, which is already one of 8c's weakness in the low end, I guess most of the dips are around 100 hz.
Graph shows Dips @ 58 and 80hz According to REW
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Graph shows Dips @ 58 and 80hz According to REW
I would say 8c is free from placement differencies, but maybe it's not, try to place closer to its back wall. (also at least 70cm from the side walls)
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
I would say 8c is free from placement differencies, but maybe it's not, try to place closer to its back wall. (also at least 70cm from the side walls)
They’re already close. 1 foot
Walls on side are free
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

I’ve used REW to create EQ curves before using the general/generic EQ and it would not EQ anything that is out of the boundary of the settings. For example, if your max EQ boost is 3db, but you have a 12db dip, then it will simply do nothing. One might think it would do 3db of correction, but this isn’t the behavior I experienced.

I haven’t tried the new firmware or REW integration yet.
Old 14th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
I’ve used REW to create EQ curves before using the general/generic EQ and it would not EQ anything that is out of the boundary of the settings. For example, if your max EQ boost is 3db, but you have a 12db dip, then it will simply do nothing. One might think it would do 3db of correction, but this isn’t the behavior I experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdon View Post
i have now EQ'd my speakers. It has made a huge difference and the sound now is simply stunning.
Yes, I just wanted to drop in to mention 8C REW integration has enabled me to achieve a room response that I have until now believed impossible. Great work, Dutch and Dutch!
Old 15th August 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfaction2009 View Post
Yes, I just wanted to drop in to mention 8C REW integration has enabled me to achieve a room response that I have until now believed impossible. Great work, Dutch and Dutch!
Any chance of seeing the measurements (before and after)? They'd be most appreciated!
Old 15th August 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post

If a dip is caused by modal cancellations then there is nothing that can be done to correct it by EQ. That is because in adding extra spl into the dip, you would automatically be adding spl to the cancellation. Nothing would change, but you would be reducing the headroom of the amps/drivers and potentially pushing them into clipping/distortion, for no sonic gain whatsoever.

Luckily, the human ear is good at ignoring the dips, so you don't normally have to care too much about them. It's the peaks that hurt.
Old 17th August 2020
same. really happy with the outcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfaction2009 View Post
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Hi guys, what stand are you using this the 8c???
Old 4 weeks ago
Just ordered some from Custom Design as I couldn't find something off the shelf that fitted my requirements..

https://www.customdesign.co.uk/HiFi-...scription=true
Old 4 weeks ago
Curious about this too. D&D have some nice looking stands for these monitors but I've not been able to find them available in the US and have no idea what the cost is.

Ah, I just looked again and found them here. Not cheap but very stout.
http://www.mcleans.info/shop/product...oductId=264619
Old 4 weeks ago
Old 3 weeks ago
Nice looking stands. Although that seems like an unfortunate name for a speaker stand.
📝 Reply