The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Dutch & Dutch 8Cs are remarkable speakers..
Old 17th February 2020
Lives for gear

I've not had that issue either. What is your signal flow?
Old 19th February 2020
Gear Nut

Does anyone here know if the subwoofers on the back are phase- and/or time-aligned or if there's any sort of delay going on?
Or are they just the third-way but mounted to the back.
I try to comprehend how these speakers work.
In Kii Three's there's lots of phase- and time-alignment going on within the DSP.. as I understand the 8C don't do that.
Old 19th February 2020
Gear Addict

Phase and time aligned .
Keith
Old 19th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaGray View Post
Does anyone here know if the subwoofers on the back are phase- and/or time-aligned or if there's any sort of delay going on?
Or are they just the third-way but mounted to the back.
I try to comprehend how these speakers work.
In Kii Three's there's lots of phase- and time-alignment going on within the DSP.. as I understand the 8C don't do that.
From my understanding, the tweets are waveguided in a cardioid fashion. The mids project sound out front and as the sound wraps around the sides, the sound is attenuated (-20db or so?) by opposite polarity waves emanating from the side vents, thereby creating another cardioid projection. Finally the two subwoofers on the back bounce sound off of the front wall and time align with the mids and tweets, which are slightly delayed depending on the DSP settings within the control panel. Something like that.
Old 19th February 2020
Lives for gear

Can we please have some details about the the 8C Studio? price? thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Has anyone had a chance to compare Dutch & Dutch 8C vs Barefoot MM12 ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupez View Post
Can we please have some details about the the 8C Studio? price? thanks.
From the D&D newsletter,
Our acoustics team have managed to maintain our high audiophile standards and force them into a relatively simpler to manufacture cabinet called the 8c studio.
The 8c studio shares the same dimensions, components and specs as the renown 8c but is built into a MDF wood based cabinet as opposed to our solid Oak 8c cabinets.
To clearly distinguish between the two products the 8c studio will besides the different cabinet material have to do without streaming audio over ethernet capabilities. The 8c studio will be able to handle 192 kHz on the AES/EBU input similar to the 8c.
We have incorporated M10 threads in the sides of the 8c studio to cope with the growing demand of being able to fly or pole mount the cabinets for surround, Dolby Atmos and similar install applications.
U bracket and accessories to deal with the above will become available shortly.
For the time being the 8c studio will be made in Black only.
The 8c studio will have an interesting price point see below.

Price is Euros 4100 per unit ex local taxes which is approx 800 euros per unit cheaper than the standard 8Cs.
Keith
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Wow sounds great! The studio version sounds like a real contender for me if that is the case. Any idea on a release date for these ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephew312 View Post
Wow sounds great! The studio version sounds like a real contender for me if that is the case. Any idea on a release date for these ?
I will ask but I do know,
‘We will be showing the 8c studio for the first time at the upcoming ISE show in Amsterdam from 11 to 14 February.‘

Keith
Old 3 weeks ago
d_r
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagya View Post
As a reference speaker I use Avantone Mixcubes which help a lot with levelling the mids and transients.

I had Amphion Two15 but sold them to buy 8c. Yesterday I sold my Quested v2108, since it was a bit of a problem to use two sets of large monitors in my room, especially when the side ports on the 8c can't be blocked.

Now that I have some extra money, I wonder if I should get a pair of One15 to use with the 8c, and stop using the Mixcubes as a reference monitor? I can't say that there are any problems that need to be fixed, but it was really lovely to work on Two15, so One15 might be just the right size to use with 8c.

I have also been lusting after ATC SCM20, but I've never heard them.

what would you think?
What about the Quested V2104?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi there, anyone has experienced the firmware stuck with 1.3.12 and couldn’t be updated? I just sent this issue to support recently but still no response. Any clues?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda33 View Post
Hi there, anyone has experienced the firmware stuck with 1.3.12 and couldn’t be updated? I just sent this issue to support recently but still no response. Any clues?
Yes, also stuck on 1.3.12. I was wondering about that myself, but haven't tried to fix it yet. but there only seem to be 1.3.12 and 1.3.18 available in production, so maybe it's not a big issue.

firmware versions for these speakers seem to be in a weird situation. maybe they don't have the manpower to concentrate on it for production release? but why are there so many beta versions?

oh well, they still sound great

https://support.dutchdutch.com/firmware-releases/
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_r View Post
What about the Quested V2104?
they look interesting, no doubt, but they are so new. I decided to go with one15, since I know that sound and want something tried and tested
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
they look interesting, no doubt, but they are so new. I decided to go with one15, since I know that sound and want something tried and tested
8c/one15 is a good combo
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

There are some signs of life regarding the new firmware. No official announcements yet though.

Quote:
The D&D team is working on a new platform called Ascend to replace Lanspeaker. I was given the opportunity to become beta-tester and have worked with the latest beta-version (1.5.41) on the demo-set for two days and will be given the latest beta for my own speaker next week. Ascend is a big step forward compared to Lanspeaker and has full Roon implementation. Before the official release, some of the Lanspeaker functionality (e.g. EQ) has yet to be moved. As D&D has chosen for a completely new platform, with more functionality to come, Martijn couldn’t give a release date at the moment, but the team is working hard to release it as soon as possible.
From: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/dut...kers/65330/495
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yes, also stuck on 1.3.12. I was wondering about that myself, but haven't tried to fix it yet. but there only seem to be 1.3.12 and 1.3.18 available in production, so maybe it's not a big issue.

firmware versions for these speakers seem to be in a weird situation. maybe they don't have the manpower to concentrate on it for production release? but why are there so many beta versions?

oh well, they still sound great

Certainly it has good sound with current firmware version but just want to know the reason why can’t be updated, which I suppose a normal function. Anyway, still no response from the company.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda33 View Post
Certainly it has good sound with current firmware version but just want to know the reason why can’t be updated, which I suppose a normal function. Anyway, still no response from the company.
yeah, that is weird. this silence does raise suspicion that they don't want to be the bearer of bad news. or maybe they just don't care about inquiries from customers? but most likely they are swamped with work and have to prioritise.

either way, hope it will get resolved soon
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

These monitors are incredible indeed.
Unfortunately I've a pair I can't keep for personal reasons and hope they can find a place where they can be appreciated.
if anybody is interested: listing
Old 2 weeks ago
I can't believe there are 1608 posts and I've read them all.

Good speakers. Sometimes have their quirks. Good customer service. I've had mine for a year and will be sticking with them.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yes, also stuck on 1.3.12. I was wondering about that myself, but haven't tried to fix it yet.

Same here !
I got my 8c this week since (after nearly three month waiting time)
Can't perform a firmware upgrade - neither turn the automatic update feature on. 1.3.12 is my actual firmware ...

But however need to say those are amazing amazing amazing speakers. Wow first impression !
Did a big jump from KH310 to 8c
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by puriteaudio View Post
Phase and time aligned .
Keith
This is incorrect unless there has been an update I am unaware of.

See my post earlier in this thread for anyone curious
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Phase and time aligned .
Keith
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbob View Post
This is incorrect unless there has been an update I am unaware of.

See my post earlier in this thread for anyone curious
So, if they are not phase and time aligned, wouldn't they sound OOP?

I don't see your previous post.

Cheers.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
So, if they are not phase and time aligned, wouldn't they sound OOP?

I don't see your previous post.

Cheers.
OOP? Not sure what you mean.

I meant from the mains to a pair of subs, not to each other.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbob View Post
OOP? Not sure what you mean.

I meant from the mains to a pair of subs, not to each other.
I know what you meant.

OOP = out of phase
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

For those still using a 2nd pair of monitors what positioning are you using in order to not block the side vents?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aremos View Post
For those still using a 2nd pair of monitors what positioning are you using in order to not block the side vents?
One15's towards the front on the console.8c's wider on stands behind
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
One15's towards the front on the console.8c's wider on stands behind
Curious,
1) @ what distance are the back of your 8C's to the front wall &
2) what is your front wall made of ?
Thanks
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

John Atkinson ( Stereophile) re-visits the 8Cs.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...son-april-2020

Keith
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
John Atkinson ( Stereophile) re-visits the 8Cs.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...son-april-2020

Keith
REW!!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Is this new firmware available? Going from REW to the 8c dsp is a fantastic update!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search