The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The Dutch & Dutch 8Cs are remarkable speakers..
Old 2 weeks ago
  #1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladvin View Post
Anyone know a good Sub to team up with the 8c's?, for 5.1 or when Heart beat thump wanted :-), I have the 8c's and love them, but needing a sub soon.
Also interested in this. Have been looking at Meyer and Genelecs.
Old 1 week ago
  #1442
Here for the gear
 

At the moment i‘m mixing on Amphion one18 with amp100. Actually i‘m really happy with the setup in my small room, but I ’m thinking about getting the 8c‘s. Is there somebody who made the switch, or maybe has some experience with both speakers and could tell me a bit about the differences of these two? Would be very much appreciated.
Old 1 week ago
  #1443
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromie View Post
At the moment i‘m mixing on Amphion one18 with amp100. Actually i‘m really happy with the setup in my small room, but I ’m thinking about getting the 8c‘s. Is there somebody who made the switch, or maybe has some experience with both speakers and could tell me a bit about the differences of these two? Would be very much appreciated.
I had a pair of One18's with the Amp500 and Amphion cables. I found the D&D's to have better imaging, smoother sound, clearer low mids, more bass, less fatiguing, faster, more dynamic, and once the time is taken to set them up they integrate into the room better. The Amphions would let me know a little quicker when I crossed a line and subjectively they're a little easier to get an overall view of the mix. All in all I find the D&D's easier and more fun to work on.
Old 1 week ago
  #1444
Gear Nut
 
SonicStrike's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by urko View Post
I..
A- Of course, q is exactly the same as in rew ...

B- Why would you use Sonarworks if you have 24 filters in the speaker already?

Urko, thanks for your reply...

A- Not all "Q" in all equalizers are the same in response[/B]

B- Because the D&D Cut/boost do not work more than 3db
Old 1 week ago
  #1445
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudwig View Post
I had a pair of One18's with the Amp500 and Amphion cables. I found the D&D's to have better imaging, smoother sound, clearer low mids, more bass, less fatiguing, faster, more dynamic, and once the time is taken to set them up they integrate into the room better. The Amphions would let me know a little quicker when I crossed a line and subjectively they're a little easier to get an overall view of the mix. All in all I find the D&D's easier and more fun to work on.
Thanks a lot! That’s pretty helpful insides.
Old 1 week ago
  #1446
Lives for gear
 
Lupez's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudwig View Post
I had a pair of One18's with the Amp500 and Amphion cables. I found the D&D's to have better imaging, smoother sound, clearer low mids, more bass, less fatiguing, faster, more dynamic, and once the time is taken to set them up they integrate into the room better. The Amphions would let me know a little quicker when I crossed a line and subjectively they're a little easier to get an overall view of the mix. All in all I find the D&D's easier and more fun to work on.
I am too on One18 with Amp100 and cables.

The biggest problem for me on these speakers is the excessive smoothness on the highs. I often cross the line without realizing it. I always need to double check on other systems. My crappy car stereo is more revealing than the Amphions under this aspect. It’s quite frustrating.

I wonder if the 8C behave differently on the highs? From your description it sounds like they are even smoother and that to me is an issue.
Old 1 week ago
  #1447
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicStrike View Post
Urko, thanks for your reply...

B- Because the D&D Cut/boost do not work more than 3db
Hi SonicStrike

Boost works till +3db
Cut works till - 30dB if I remember correctly ....
Old 1 week ago
  #1448
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by urko View Post
Boost works till +3db
Cut works till - 30dB if I remember correctly ....
There is no limit on cuts.
Old 1 week ago
  #1449
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupez View Post
I am too on One18 with Amp100 and cables.

The biggest problem for me on these speakers is the excessive smoothness on the highs. I often cross the line without realizing it. I always need to double check on other systems. My crappy car stereo is more revealing than the Amphions under this aspect. It’s quite frustrating.

I wonder if the 8C behave differently on the highs? From your description it sounds like they are even smoother and that to me is an issue.
I never tried mine with the Amp100 but with the Amp500 the high mids would let me know when I pushed too far, it took me a bit of time to learn the indicators on the 8c's. Now that they're dialed in and I've learned them there's no surprises.

If you go back about a year in this thread you'll find some very helpful and informative posts from mpr and shelterr where they go into more detail and explain it better than I can, I feel my experiences line up with their descriptions.
Old 1 week ago
  #1450
Lives for gear
 
Lupez's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudwig View Post
I never tried mine with the Amp100 but with the Amp500 the high mids would let me know when I pushed too far, it took me a bit of time to learn the indicators on the 8c's. Now that they're dialed in and I've learned them there's no surprises.

If you go back about a year in this thread you'll find some very helpful and informative posts from mpr and shelterr where they go into more detail and explain it better than I can, I feel my experiences line up with their descriptions.
Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I also tried the Amp500 but ditched it in favor of the Amp100 because I found it hard sounding and it gave me fatigue, so perhaps the Dutches are the perfect middle ground.
Old 1 week ago
  #1451
Gear Maniac
 
Yagya's Avatar
 

has anyone here tried placing the 8c right next to some other speaker, so the (inner) side port get sort of closed ? if so, does it mess up the sound for you? I'm trying to find a good setup for my quested v2108 and it's kind of difficult if I am try to give the 8c too much "elbow space".

I must say also that v2108 are still useful, even if they aren't as advanced as 8c. 8c are sometimes deceptive regarding the soundstage and depth in my productions and mixes. quested are a bit more picky about these things.

Last edited by Yagya; 1 week ago at 11:27 PM..
Old 1 week ago
  #1452
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagya View Post
has anyone here tried placing the 8c right next to some other speaker, so the (inner) side port get sort of closed ? if so, does it mess up the sound for you? I'm trying to find a good setup for my quested v2108 and it's kind of difficult if I am try to give the 8c too much "elbow space".

I must say also that v2108 are still useful, even if they aren't as advanced as 8c. 8c are sometimes deceptive regarding the soundstage and depth in my productions and mixes. quested are a bit more picky about these things.

Martijn Mensink told me this by email:

There are presets for smaller distances (down to 10 cm), but ideally it has about 30 cm of free space on the sides. In general we advise to keep the 8c's somewhat away from side walls, in order to not get too strong and early side-wall reflections, but that is another matter.
Old 1 week ago
  #1453
Gear Nut
 
SonicStrike's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupez View Post
I am too on One18 with Amp100 and cables.

The biggest problem for me on these speakers is the excessive smoothness on the highs. I often cross the line without realizing it. I always need to double check on other systems. My crappy car stereo is more revealing than the Amphions under this aspect. It’s quite frustrating.

I wonder if the 8C behave differently on the highs? From your description it sounds like they are even smoother and that to me is an issue.
MY buddy has the 8C AND TWO15 with 500Amp

Great combo.

I love the 8c , but there are aspects in the balance that is quicker to understand in the Two15.

I mix more time in the 8c and the translation is great to the Two15...maybe the Two15 are more open in some ways.....but if your car is revealing more harshness is because ur car system is harsh.....
Old 1 day ago
  #1454
Totally fine being patient, just curious if anyone has any idea of when we can expect some new updates/revisions/enhancements with the 8Cs?
Old 1 day ago
  #1455
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicStrike View Post
MY buddy has the 8C AND TWO15 with 500Amp

Great combo.

I love the 8c , but there are aspects in the balance that is quicker to understand in the Two15.

I mix more time in the 8c and the translation is great to the Two15...maybe the Two15 are more open in some ways.....but if your car is revealing more harshness is because ur car system is harsh.....
Same here
Great combo
Old 7 hours ago
  #1456
Gear Maniac
 
Yagya's Avatar
 

I sold my Two15 to buy 8c haha

I will probably miss them, just as I miss PSI A21

but best to just stop thinking the grass is greener on the other side and continue to learn to mix properly
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump