The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Repair Needed for Lexicon PRIMETIME
Old 20th October 2017
Gear Head
Repair Needed for Lexicon PRIMETIME

Hi Group,

I have a sweet Lexicon Primetime delay from 1978 that I love and use all the time - but unfortunately it is going crazy. I imagine it needs new caps due to age and there could be other issues as well. I don't know as I am not a tech but previous attempts to repair have been unsuccessful.

Any members know of a good potential service option for this unit? I do have the printed service manual as well as the owner's manual - and it includes all the schematics, etc.

I believe this one has the extended delay time daughterboard also. I have tried reseating chips etc, but still no go. A lot of distortion and crazy behavior - sometimes intermittent.

I'm in Seattle but will ship to the right guy and can live without it for 6 months or so if I need to.

Thanks.

[email protected]
Old 21st October 2017
Lives for gear

Dane Beamish in Cleveland is the guy for you. He's repaired my primtimes and eventides.
Beamish electronics

Last edited by beats workin'; 21st October 2017 at 07:28 AM.. Reason: TG yping
Old 21st October 2017
Gear Head
Thanks Beats - I'll shoot him call next week. What was the problem with your Primetimes? Same vintage as my first generation '78?

Anyone else with success anywhere on those units?? TIA.

[email protected]
Old 22nd October 2017
+ 1 with Beamish. gl
Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear

Hey Virtual- mine are from the late 70's and always need some tic, usually every couple of years something is up with one of them. One of them got an ultrasonic bath a couple of years ago and still smells fresh and clean. the sliders are the some of biggest culprits since they control voltage.
with the old Harmonizers, 910/949. Dane is also an expert and keeps those running. i even had an ancient Lexicon Varispeech pitch shifter (their first product) that he got running. Took a while but he stuck with it and figured it out.
Old 23rd October 2017
Lives for gear
Beamish or Radar Doug
Old 23rd October 2017
Gear Head
Thanks group for all the info.

Just talked to Beamish and it looks like a fantastic solution with all their experience with that specific unit. Very personable and helpful on the phone too so everything to like.

Appreciate the tips! Best, vpg
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualPG View Post
Thanks group for all the info.

Just talked to Beamish and it looks like a fantastic solution with all their experience with that specific unit. Very personable and helpful on the phone too so everything to like.

Appreciate the tips! Best, vpg
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my primetime 93 and looking for tech. Was Beamish able to repair it for you?
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1073 View Post
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my primetime 93 and looking for tech. Was Beamish able to repair it for you?

Still a work in progress as I am out of the country for awhile and gave them six months to fix it. I have no doubt it will be perfect when I get it back in June.

Sorry I can't provide more info now - but check back in June if you want after I return to USA and can give you a full assessment.

Best, vpg
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Nut

6 months?!!! Is that because you're out of town or because they have taken that long to complete the repair?
Old 27th March 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1073 View Post
6 months?!!! Is that because you're out of town or because they have taken that long to complete the repair?
The turn around from Beamish on my eventide was 2 1/2 weeks I couldn’t be more pleased with there work and service jmo
Price was also very fair

Last edited by kmade; 27th March 2018 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: Pricing
Old 28th March 2018
Gear Head
Only because I am unavailable for that period of time - I am sure they are very prompt overall.

vpg
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search