The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Beesneez Arabella (Pro) vs Pearlman TM47 Single-Channel Preamps
Old 18th September 2017
Beesneez Arabella (Pro) vs Pearlman TM47

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted up here, been busy making tunes mostly! Let me get to the point.

I'm a male singer, I have a thick but smooth voice, lots of pitch bending, and lots of wispy falsettos as well. My music links are in my signature to give you an idea of my voice. Representative tracks: Fopchu - Sweet Tooth, Perilous Possum - Postcards from Italy (cover).

Now i've been happily obsessed with my SM7b paired with my Blue Robbie and a GAP-73 - bliss. Only thing is i'm missing some detail and intimacy from this mic. Mind you, it still blows my other condensers out of the water for vocals - AT4047, 4051 (though this is nice for thinner but sizzly vocals).

The time has come to take the plunge. I've narrowed my curiosities down to these two mics. The caveat? I live in India - there's zero chance I can try either of these mics. I've scoured the web for samples, videos, but its pretty hard to find a whole lot on em, especially the TM-47.

I'd like some recommendations between the two - specifically for my voice, and details / explanations as to why you think so. Any other info is good too, i'm all ears. Cheers!

Last edited by knariman; 19th September 2017 at 12:02 AM..
Old 19th September 2017
Lives for gear
I have extensive experience with both. Both will get you where you wanna be albeit slightly different, the Arabella being the bigger and smoother of the two. Since you describe your voice as big and smooth, I would opt for the Pearlman as it is a tad more articulate. I actually conducted a shoot out with both mics mentioned some time ago here on the forum.
Old 19th September 2017
Hi there, my voice sounds like it's similar to yours and I use the Arabella and couldn't be happier! You are going to love it! Haven't tried the Pearlman but I'm sure it's great too! PM me if you want any vocal samples on the Beesneez Arabella!
Old 25th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Staxx View Post
I have extensive experience with both. Both will get you where you wanna be albeit slightly different, the Arabella being the bigger and smoother of the two. Since you describe your voice as big and smooth, I would opt for the Pearlman as it is a tad more articulate. I actually conducted a shoot out with both mics mentioned some time ago here on the forum.
Hey Staxx,

Could you maybe describe your perception of the sonic differences between the two mics, including up close usage.

Haha definitely pretty excited to finalise one of these gems!!
Old 25th September 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby150 View Post
Hi there, my voice sounds like it's similar to yours and I use the Arabella and couldn't be happier! You are going to love it! Haven't tried the Pearlman but I'm sure it's great too! PM me if you want any vocal samples on the Beesneez Arabella!
Hey there, so happy you are having fun with your Arabella. If you have a few short vocal takes that we could use on our website, i would love it.
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by knariman View Post
Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted up here, been busy making tunes mostly! Let me get to the point.

I'm a male singer, I have a thick but smooth voice, lots of pitch bending, and lots of wispy falsettos as well. My music links are in my signature to give you an idea of my voice. Representative tracks: Fopchu - Sweet Tooth, Perilous Possum - Postcards from Italy (cover).

Now i've been happily obsessed with my SM7b paired with my Blue Robbie and a GAP-73 - bliss. Only thing is i'm missing some detail and intimacy from this mic. Mind you, it still blows my other condensers out of the water for vocals - AT4047, 4051 (though this is nice for thinner but sizzly vocals).

The time has come to take the plunge. I've narrowed my curiosities down to these two mics.
I have a similar voice that is favored by the SM7. I owned an Arabella for a number of years and was very pleased with the sound, build and support. The only reason I sold the Arabella was to purchase an AEA44 (which is a great mic for this voice also, along with a lot of other things.) Though I adore the 44, I miss my that big LDC sound a lot so currently have my eye on their soon to be released T4 (M49 tribute).

I've never heard a TM47 or dealt with Pearlman.

My guess is you'd be happy with either, so uf your buying new, you might want to see who support you better. Beesneez also has a return policy.
Old 25th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
I have a similar voice that is favored by the SM7. I owned an Arabella for a number of years and was very pleased with the sound, build and support. The only reason I sold the Arabella was to purchase an AEA44 (which is a great mic for this voice also, along with a lot of other things.) Though I adore the 44, I miss my that big LDC sound a lot so currently have my eye on their soon to be released T4 (M49 tribute).

I've never heard a TM47 or dealt with Pearlman.

My guess is you'd be happy with either, so uf your buying new, you might want to see who support you better. Beesneez also has a return policy.
Nice, Arabella gathering decision-momentum! What made you want to switch to a ribbon exactly?
Old 25th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Staxx View Post
Shootout between these two you say ? I'm searching but I cannot find ! Any chance of a link?
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear
Mic Shoot-Out!!! Atlantis/Joly Mod 319/Pearlman Tm-47

Quote:
Shootout between these two you say ? I'm searching but I cannot find ! Any chance of a link?
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice, Arabella gathering decision-momentum! What made you want to switch to a ribbon exactly?
I needed something that I could use to capture violin and viola and the 44 excels at that, the icing was it was a great vocal mic also (and I got a great deal on it, which help a lot.) The AEA 44 is just a great mic, I use it on everything.
Old 26th September 2017
Lives for gear

Never heard anyone complain about Pearlman. I have an acquaintance who has several mics from him that he is very enthusiastic about. Nor does Pearlman constantly shill for their products online.

Beesneez also makes mics, have purchase before.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search