The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
GML 8900 in 2017 Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

I had my 8900 serviced and calibrated by Amptec (certified European GML service center) about a year ago to my utmost satisfaction.
Absolutely no hassle. Their highly professional work fully matched the quality of GML products.

I have no doubt GML will still service the 8900. It is a small company. Just give them a call.

The 8900 and 2030 are my desert island comps!
Old 2nd March 2019
Gear Nut
Thank you for the reply, @ nednerd . I left a voicemail with gml in Tennessee a few days ago and no reply yet. Hopefully they’re just on vacation or busy and will get back to me. Between not hearing back and the glitches on the website, I’m a bit worried with my broken 8900. Do you (or anyone else) know of a repair service in the US who would do stellar work on an 8900?
Old 2nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Hmm, dunno about the US but you could give Manley a call. Maybe they can help.
Depending on the serial number they might even service 8900s as they used build them for GML.
Fingers crossed...
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Nut
Thank you @ nednerd . Unfortunately, Manley suggests contacting GML. Hopefully I'll hear something back.
Old 5th March 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinematree View Post
Thank you @ nednerd . Unfortunately, Manley suggests contacting GML. Hopefully I'll hear something back.
I'm in touch with them now. [email protected] did the trick. For anyone else wondering, they do service their gear in the US at a service center in California.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinematree View Post
I'm in touch with them now. [email protected] did the trick. For anyone else wondering, they do service their gear in the US at a service center in California.
Glad to hear you succeeded! Thx for sharing the info.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search