The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Geithain RL906 users. Anyone using subwoofer ?
Old 8th September 2017
Gear Addict

Geithain RL906 users. Anyone using subwoofer ?

Hi
I´m thinking in add a subwoofer with my rl906 to extend the lowest frequencies.

I would love to buy basis11 but I am looking for another brand not very expensive.

If you are using a sub that match perfect with these babies write your experience.

best
Old 10th September 2017
Gear Guru

The Basis 11K matches perfecty with the RL 906 and will take some of the lowest frequencies away from the 906 so it becomes more "effortless".

The sound quality will be the same - so a perfect match.

Using any other sub will give you a different sound in the bass end and you are likely to notice it more.
Old 11th September 2017
Gear Maniac

I have had my share of subwoofers but integration between a sub and monitors from different brands was problematic in all my cases. Therefor I recommend the Basis 11K sub to pair with your Geithains.

Currently I use a Basis 11K sub with a pair of 944's. It integrates very nicely and provides significant increase in low-end extension and headroom. Sounds is very clean. It's quite bizar actually; even when I play them very loud I don't have to raise my voice even a bit to make myself understandable to someone in the same room.
I can just keep turning the volume up but the sound remains clean and 'quiet' at all times..
Old 11th September 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn W View Post
I have had my share of subwoofers but integration between a sub and monitors from different brands was problematic in all my cases. Therefor I recommend the Basis 11K sub to pair with your Geithains.

Currently I use a Basis 11K sub with a pair of 944's. It integrates very nicely and provides significant increase in low-end extension and headroom. Sounds is very clean. It's quite bizar actually; even when I play them very loud I don't have to raise my voice even a bit to make myself understandable to someone in the same room.
I can just keep turning the volume up but the sound remains clean and 'quiet' at all times..
Nice info boys.

I´m sure the basis with the 906 will sound like dreaming. The only issue is the price

One question about basis. Is it generates heat when running ?

thank you
Old 11th September 2017
Gear Maniac

No it does not get hot at all (contains a PWM amp).
Old 12th September 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn W View Post
No it does not get hot at all (contains a PWM amp).
Old 9th November 2017
Lives for gear

Did you get one in the end?
Old 10th November 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippoorwill View Post
No still using 906 only
Old 10th November 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerestudio View Post
No still using 906 only
It's worth noting that a pair of RL 906 with a BASIS 11K costs just over the price of a *single* RL 944K - and - the RL 906 + BASIS 11K goes down to 25Hz, whereas the RL 944K go down to 35Hz.

So you go 10Hz lower for about half the price.

The listening distance of both systems is the same.
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippoorwill View Post
After some time I tried Genelec 7050b. Very very good match. It adds a bass extension with a very tight low end. I like very much. Amazing monitoring
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search