The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jcf latte too colored ad side? Summing Mixers
Old 1st September 2017
Jcf latte too colored ad side?

Just wanted to post this. I was practicing mixing and mixed a tune. I know it is hard to judge with out hearing anything. Anyway I send him two mixed same mix one going though the mytek x8 and another through the jcf latte. Guess what he liked better the mytek said the jcf has a thin blanket over it and sounds colored. I cannot post the files because song is not released and would need permission from author. To those who have the latte or super high end converters. Did this happen to you? Do not get me wrong the mytek 8 are amazing converters. I am just wondering.
Old 1st September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor View Post
Just wanted to post this. I was practicing mixing and mixed a tune. I know it is hard to judge with out hearing anything. Anyway I send him two mixed same mix one going though the mytek x8 and another through the jcf latte. Guess what he liked better the mytek said the jcf has a thin blanket over it and sounds colored. I cannot post the files because song is not released and would need permission from author. To those who have the latte or super high end converters. Did this happen to you? Do not get me wrong the mytek 8 are amazing converters. I am just wondering.
Pass a different mix into both and listen to it compared to the analog input
Old 1st September 2017
Lives for gear

Question, was the song mixed into the mytek? I find that usually whatever I mix into (converter or otherwise) wins because my mix adapted to it.

I have a jcf latte, and i simply cant commit to another ad converter because it just sounds open and effortless. It starts to get weird "hearing" the other converters. With that said, there are occasionally songs much better suited for my Burl or Symphony AD.
Old 1st September 2017
Hey guys thanks for replying. Yes I did mix into the Latte from the Mixmaster 20 and was hearing how the converters reacted. What is funny he asked he to send him the an ITB mix so I just exported the mix instead. He liked the Mytek and the ITB and Latte he said sounded like a blanket to his ears. I guess different **** for different folks. Latte sounded old to him sound wise weird.
Old 9th June 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKAudio View Post
Question, was the song mixed into the mytek? I find that usually whatever I mix into (converter or otherwise) wins because my mix adapted to it.

I have a jcf latte, and i simply cant commit to another ad converter because it just sounds open and effortless. It starts to get weird "hearing" the other converters. With that said, there are occasionally songs much better suited for my Burl or Symphony AD.
This above. Its the only converter I've heard that sounds 99.8% of what the input does.. and the most important thing being no loss of depth, motion and the small stuff (ambience etc). If you've ever printed onto an Ampex ATR102 for mix you'll know what I mean, its that kind of thing only the Latte doesn't hiss or add colour. Its the best converter out there, believe me.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search